Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusflower99)
    I've applied for IR still on pending decision
    Same! IR always takes so long when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    Congrats! When did you get that?
    Thanks November 14th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    Same! IR always takes so long when did you apply?
    October 20th- any idea when they will make decisions?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else on "Pending Decision" on the portal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Anyone else on "Pending Decision" on the portal?
    Yes I am... I was told to expect my decision in March though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    Yes I am... I was told to expect my decision in March though
    Who told you that?

ReputationRep:
    People on this thread, is St Andrews your #1 choice or just one of your 5 options?

ReputationRep:
    Who told you that?
    The admissions person at the open day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CBergendahl)
    People on this thread, is St Andrews your #1 choice or just one of your 5 options?
    Realistic #1 (Oxford is the dream but is v unlikely)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oxford is my top (lol) it's probably joint second with LSE for me

ReputationRep:
    The admissions person at the open day
    What course? Sorry if you've already said, I cba scrolling back through this thread.

As of now, I'm definitely insuring Edinburgh. Got offers from Warwick and Nottingham but they're higher than I hoped (A*AA) so my firm will probably either be St Andrews or UCL, if I get offers from them.

ReputationRep:
    What course? Sorry if you've already said, I cba scrolling back through this thread.

As of now, I'm definitely insuring Edinburgh. Got offers from Warwick and Nottingham but they're higher than I hoped (A*AA) so my firm will probably either be St Andrews or UCL, if I get offers from them.
    What course for you? And what was your Edinburgh offer for?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Oxford definitely top (but probably not going to get in) so St Andrews is fave outta the four

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Economics and history

ReputationRep:
    What course for you? And what was your Edinburgh offer for?
    Physics, my offer from Edinburgh was for Physics with a Year Abroad - ABB.

How about you? And where does St Andrews stand amongst your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    Economics and history
    Hopefully it's faster for Physics then. My friend already has an offer for Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Physics, my offer from Edinburgh was for Physics with a Year Abroad - ABB.

How about you? And where does St Andrews stand amongst your other choices?
    It's my #1! I could've applied to Oxford but I'm one of those rare people that have no desire to go there It just never clicked with me and I'm honestly scared and intimidated at the thought of being too stressed and overworked there! I really want a good mix between academics and social, which I think St Andrews offers

ReputationRep:
    It's my #1! I could've applied to Oxford but I'm one of those rare people that have no desire to go there It just never clicked with me and I'm honestly scared and intimidated at the thought of being too stressed and overworked there! I really want a good mix between academics and social, which I think St Andrews offers
    Same here, my predicted grades are pretty good so I had teachers convincing me to apply to Oxbridge but they need to realise that Oxbridge isn't for everyone.

St Andrews seems like such a great university. Nice secluded location (not for everyone I suppose), really high student satisfaction, well respected, and also the fact that when Prince William becomes King we could say the King went to our university

ReputationRep:
    St Andrews is my #1
    Anyone got an offer for Computer Science and Maths???

ReputationRep:
    Possibly my first. I haven't actually had a chance to go up there yet. I might go for Warwick though. I mean I applied for Oxford but I'm expecting a rejection from them in the next few days and even if I got an interview, J wouldn't be able to make up for my awful MLAT.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.