University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rolaah
Congrats! When did you get that?

St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by rolaah
Same! IR always takes so long:frown: when did you apply?

October 20th- any idea when they will make decisions?
Anyone else on "Pending Decision" on the portal?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Anyone else on "Pending Decision" on the portal?

Yes I am... I was told to expect my decision in March though :frown:
Original post by Lauren1498x
Yes I am... I was told to expect my decision in March though :frown:

Who told you that?
People on this thread, is St Andrews your #1 choice or just one of your 5 options? :smile:
Who told you that?

The admissions person at the open day
Reply 247
Original post by CBergendahl
People on this thread, is St Andrews your #1 choice or just one of your 5 options? :smile:

Realistic #1 (Oxford is the dream but is v unlikely)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford is my top (lol) it's probably joint second with LSE for me
The admissions person at the open day

What course? Sorry if you've already said, I cba scrolling back through this thread.

As of now, I'm definitely insuring Edinburgh. Got offers from Warwick and Nottingham but they're higher than I hoped (A*AA) so my firm will probably either be St Andrews or UCL, if I get offers from them.
What course? Sorry if you've already said, I cba scrolling back through this thread.

As of now, I'm definitely insuring Edinburgh. Got offers from Warwick and Nottingham but they're higher than I hoped (A*AA) so my firm will probably either be St Andrews or UCL, if I get offers from them.

What course for you? And what was your Edinburgh offer for? :smile:

Oxford definitely top (but probably not going to get in) so St Andrews is fave outta the four

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economics and history
What course for you? And what was your Edinburgh offer for? :smile:

Physics, my offer from Edinburgh was for Physics with a Year Abroad - ABB.

How about you? And where does St Andrews stand amongst your other choices?
Economics and history

Hopefully it's faster for Physics then. My friend already has an offer for Chemistry
Physics, my offer from Edinburgh was for Physics with a Year Abroad - ABB.

How about you? And where does St Andrews stand amongst your other choices?

It's my #1! I could've applied to Oxford but I'm one of those rare people that have no desire to go there :frown: It just never clicked with me and I'm honestly scared and intimidated at the thought of being too stressed and overworked there! I really want a good mix between academics and social, which I think St Andrews offers :biggrin:
It's my #1! I could've applied to Oxford but I'm one of those rare people that have no desire to go there :frown: It just never clicked with me and I'm honestly scared and intimidated at the thought of being too stressed and overworked there! I really want a good mix between academics and social, which I think St Andrews offers :biggrin:

Same here, my predicted grades are pretty good so I had teachers convincing me to apply to Oxbridge but they need to realise that Oxbridge isn't for everyone.

St Andrews seems like such a great university. Nice secluded location (not for everyone I suppose), really high student satisfaction, well respected, and also the fact that when Prince William becomes King we could say the King went to our university :wink:
St Andrews is my #1
Anyone got an offer for Computer Science and Maths??? :smile:

Possibly my first. I haven't actually had a chance to go up there yet. I might go for Warwick though. I mean I applied for Oxford but I'm expecting a rejection from them in the next few days and even if I got an interview, J wouldn't be able to make up for my awful MLAT.
[QUOTE=DarkEnergy;68713428]Same here, my predicted grades are pretty good so I had teachers convincing me to apply to Oxbridge but they need to realise that Oxbridge isn't for everyone.

St Andrews seems like such a great university. Nice secluded location (not for everyone I suppose), really high student satisfaction, well respected, and also the fact that when Prince William becomes King we could say the King went to our university :wink:

I so agree! It just wasn't for me :smile: and when I went to visit it just felt so right too (except for maybe a twinge of island syndrome hahaha). Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?

Quick Reply

Latest