Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy;[url="tel:68713428")
    68713428[/url]]Same here, my predicted grades are pretty good so I had teachers convincing me to apply to Oxbridge but they need to realise that Oxbridge isn't for everyone.

St Andrews seems like such a great university. Nice secluded location (not for everyone I suppose), really high student satisfaction, well respected, and also the fact that when Prince William becomes King we could say the King went to our university
    I so agree! It just wasn't for me and when I went to visit it just felt so right too (except for maybe a twinge of island syndrome hahaha). Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CBergendahl)
    I so agree! It just wasn't for me and when I went to visit it just felt so right too (except for maybe a twinge of island syndrome hahaha). Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?
    A*A*A, probably below average for Cambridge applicants but when contextualised (my 6th form is really really bad) they're pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely my first choice; I went on an open day the area is amazing, it's cold but worth it for a top class education!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusflower99)
    October 20th- any idea when they will make decisions?
    Apparently they get a lot of applications for IR so it may be a while. I applied on 17th October for German and International Relations. Hopefully it's soon but apparently it can be a late as March (which is what my HE advisor said)

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, teachers tried to make me apply for Oxbridge but it's 100% not where I wanna be for undergrad. St Andrews is probs second or third choice for me, but regardless it's such a nice place. I went there with quite a closed mind about it but came back loving it. I don't think it's possible not to fall in love with it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah;[url="tel:68714542")
    68714542[/url]]I'm the same, teachers tried to make me apply for Oxbridge but it's 100% not where I wanna be for undergrad. St Andrews is probs second or third choice for me, but regardless it's such a nice place. I went there with quite a closed mind about it but came back loving it. I don't think it's possible not to fall in love with it .
    I've heard so many people who just continue to love it more and more as time passes!😍 what's your 1st/2nd choice?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard so many people who just continue to love it more and more as time passes!😍 what's your 1st/2nd choice?
    LSE and UCL. Ngl I rly like London as a student city which is rare lol. Also applying to Edinburgh and have got my offer from King's. Hbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah;[url="tel:68714666")
    68714666[/url]]LSE and UCL. Ngl I rly like London as a student city which is rare lol. Also applying to Edinburgh and have got my offer from King's. Hbu?
    Since I've lived in London for over a decade I'm super intrigued by Scotland for uni, so my top choices are St. Andrews and Edinburgh. I also applied to Bath and have an offer from King's too
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Since I've lived in London for over a decade I'm super intrigued by Scotland for uni, so my top choices are St. Andrews and Edinburgh. I also applied to Bath and have an offer from King's too
    Wait you alr have an offer from Kings? Congrats hoping St A's will come soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Wait you alr have an offer from Kings? Congrats hoping St A's will come soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! yes I really, really hope so too

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone else with offers still not have that booklet they said they were going to post? What's happening with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CivilAsAnOrange)
    Hey, does anyone else with offers still not have that booklet they said they were going to post? What's happening with that?
    Neither have I recieved it yet. That email left me so confused!

I emailed admissions and the guy said that there is often a delay in the sending of the letter, but I should get it within the week. I got my offer on the 14th I think so probably within 2 weeks ish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyunnos)
    Neither have I recieved it yet. That email left me so confused!

I emailed admissions and the guy said that there is often a delay in the sending of the letter, but I should get it within the week. I got my offer on the 14th I think so probably within 2 weeks ish?
    Yeah, I got mine at the same time. I know, the email was so muddled. It said the was a copy of all the information on the portal as well, but there isn't much up there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got mine at the same time. I know, the email was so muddled. It said the was a copy of all the information on the portal as well, but there isn't much up there.
    Oh yeah that's a point too! At the time, I hadn't recieved instruction to set up portal so was even more confused

:confused:

Maybe we should try and be more patient Although I want to just read stuff to try and get excited to motivate myself haha.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah that's a point too! At the time, I hadn't recieved instruction to set up portal so was even more confused

:confused:

Maybe we should try and be more patient Although I want to just read stuff to try and get excited to motivate myself haha.
    Yeah me too. I still need to actually go to an open day - I applied blind.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too. I still need to actually go to an open day - I applied blind.
    Same! I'll have to go up in March.. it's almost 10 hours by train

ReputationRep:
    Same! I'll have to go up in March.. it's almost 10 hours by train
    Same here. I might go by plane though - flights are far cheaper than train tickets. Which will be fun, as I'm afraid of flying, but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also applying for International Relations, but I'm from Germany. The entry requirement for Germans is an Abitur of 1.1 or 1.2 (1.0 is the best possible grade in Germany) and I'm predicted to get 1.1. Do you think that I have a chance to get in? Because I'm obviously an EU applicant so I wouldn't pay fees and reading about all your grades (A*A*A or even better) and extra curriculars makes me feel as if it is extremely unlikely for me to get in ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GermanIRhopeful)
    I'm also applying for International Relations, but I'm from Germany. The entry requirement for Germans is an Abitur of 1.1 or 1.2 (1.0 is the best possible grade in Germany) and I'm predicted to get 1.1. Do you think that I have a chance to get in? Because I'm obviously an EU applicant so I wouldn't pay fees and reading about all your grades (A*A*A or even better) and extra curriculars makes me feel as if it is extremely unlikely for me to get in ...
    I think you'd definitely have a shot. Plus, isn't 1.1 really tough to get? I don't know too much about the German system, but I know consistently getting 1s in all your subjects is supposed to be hard. And I don't really think they care about extra-curriculars as much as everyone thinks they do. The more academic the uni, the less that matters.

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I might go by plane though - flights are far cheaper than train tickets. Which will be fun, as I'm afraid of flying, but oh well.
    That's also true for me! My family are trying to put me off as its so awkward to get to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.