Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyunnos)
    Oh okay I applied right at the end of September I think something like the 29th.

I'm sure it was!

Oooh wow really? There were 15ish in mine, 3 boys and we all had Bs. Most people got Ds lol.

Bristol
    Birmingham
    UCL and Oxford but I was rejected from there
    Well St Andrews is all we have in common uni wise! Eh who cares about Oxford 😂. I have applied to Exeter, Newcastle, Sheffield and Southampton! I have never been to St. Andrews before, but my mum did, and she loved it! If I get an offer I am going to go and visit! I probably won't find out until January though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    Hi. I've applied for Psychology (application received 16th November) and haven't heard anything from St. Andrews. Received offers s from all 4 of my other choices, but am yet to find a 'home' Psychology applicant who's heard!!
    Exact same predicament (got my 4 other offers too) but for Physics as an RUK applicant. I'm starting to getting quite anxious and worried as St Andrews is probably my top choice so getting a rejection would end me haha

ReputationRep:
    Most subject at St Andrews wait until after Jan 15th before they decide on any offers at all to EU (including UK) students. That way they can be sure to be fair to everyone who applies by that deadline. Non-EU applicants are handled separately, and there are a few subjects that make a few EU offers early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark99)
    Yup, a Korean living in China I applied for Computer Science with 42/45 Prediction on IB. [7s in Math HL, Physics HL, and Chinese Ab Initio, 6s in Music SL, Economics HL, and English SL]
    Similar situation here, half Korean waiting for a St Andrews response. Applied for Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by augusta_t)
    Well St Andrews is all we have in common uni wise! Eh who cares about Oxford 😂. I have applied to Exeter, Newcastle, Sheffield and Southampton! I have never been to St. Andrews before, but my mum did, and she loved it! If I get an offer I am going to go and visit! I probably won't find out until January though!
    I had to decide between Exeter and St A. I liked that you could study what you want at St A.

I've never been to Scotland lol, so don't worry!!

Yeah I'm hoping to go up for the March visit day.

Ahhh you never know! I was expecting to have to wait until Jan/Feb/March and I've heard back already ☺️
    So fingers X for you!

ReputationRep:
    I had to decide between Exeter and St A. I liked that you could study what you want at St A.

I've never been to Scotland lol, so don't worry!!

Yeah I'm hoping to go up for the March visit day.

Ahhh you never know! I was expecting to have to wait until Jan/Feb/March and I've heard back already ☺️
    So fingers X for you!
    Haha thank you! I have never been to Scotland either

ReputationRep:
    Course Applying: Astrophysics
    Advanced Higher subjects: Physics and Maths
    Higher grades: AAABB + A (Predicted in Chemistry this year)
    Advanced Higher predicted: AB
    Extra-curriculars:Work as a tutor for music with kids, some drama, Bronze DofE, Young Enterprise Pass, Sports Leadership Award, Level 1 Rugby Referee SRU.
    Mitigating Circumstance: Inside Spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Show

My only chance at really getting into St Andrews is because they shine upon those with mitigating circumstances and I've had quite a few. Diagnosed with Crohn's which has lead to me being on chemotherapy and having to use immunosuppressants through pills and infusions which took me out of school and also while on study leave I contracted shingles which really smashed my studying routine.

Other unis applied to: Glasgow (Unconditional), Edinburgh (Referred), and Dundee (Referred)

St Andrews isn't looking likely pour moi unfortunately so I'll probs end up at Glasgow but I am desperate ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Any applicants from Texas receive a decision yet? If so, when did you submit application? 🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Exact same predicament (got my 4 other offers too) but for Physics as an RUK applicant. I'm starting to getting quite anxious and worried as St Andrews is probably my top choice so getting a rejection would end me haha
    My offer came on the 7th of December, so yours might be on its way Although a lot of people had to wait until after the January deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    My offer came on the 7th of December, so yours might be on its way Although a lot of people had to wait until after the January deadline.
    If you don't mind me asking mate what were your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking mate what were your predicted grades?
    I think I was in the same predicament as you for the issue with the predicted grades although I'm not trying to study physics, I'm guessing it's astrophysics?

If you don't mind me asking is St Andrews your first choice?
    Further inquiry sorry, where are you currently situated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soccermom39)
    If you don't mind me asking is St Andrews your first choice?
    Further inquiry sorry, where are you currently situated?
    You're fine to ask Out of the offers I've received, UCL is my first choice, but if I got an offer from St Andrews it'd be hard to choose between the two. So I guess I can't really say as of now, as I haven't visited either university.

I'm currently situated in the North of England.

ReputationRep:
    You're fine to ask Out of the offers I've received, UCL is my first choice, but if I got an offer from St Andrews it'd be hard to choose between the two. So I guess I can't really say as of now, as I haven't visited either university.

I'm currently situated in the North of England.
    I've been, it's very chill and quaint. Wouldn't mind spending 4 years or so there haha.
    I live in the North East, but it still takes a while to get there; almost 4 hours.

But I say you should visit both if you can. I can only assume, however, that the main influences on your choice will be cost and rep? (Idk the variations of physics/ astrophysics courses)

ReputationRep:
    I've been, it's very chill and quaint. Wouldn't mind spending 4 years or so there haha.
    I live in the North East, but it still takes a while to get there; almost 4 hours.

But I say you should visit both if you can. I can only assume, however, that the main influences on your choice will be cost and rep? (Idk the variations of physics/ astrophysics courses)
    Ohh! I'm also from the North East (~20 mins from Durham). Did you take the train?

I'll visit if I get invited to a post-offer day, otherwise I don't want to accidentally fall in love with the place only to get rejected haha.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh! I'm also from the North East (~20 mins from Durham). Did you take the train?

I'll visit if I get invited to a post-offer day, otherwise I don't want to accidentally fall in love with the place only to get rejected haha.
    Yeah, the train then the bus from Leuchars to the St 's bus stop.
    I kinda got stranded on my way back because the bus(s) was delayed so I missed my train aha.

Good idea

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the train then the bus from Leuchars to the St 's bus stop.
    I kinda got stranded on my way back because the bus(s) was delayed so I missed my train aha.

Good idea
    Ah, how much did it cost? Did you go from Newcastle train station?

BTW I assumed from your name you were the mother of an American applicant lol..

ReputationRep:
    Ah, how much did it cost? Did you go from Newcastle train station?

BTW I assumed from your name you were the mother of an American applicant lol..
    Yep that's the one!

it was around £50-£60 I think.

Oh no hahaha, someone just said I was like a soccer mom so I just went with it aha

ReputationRep:
    Yep that's the one!

it was around £50-£60 I think.

Oh no hahaha, someone just said I was like a soccer mom so I just went with it aha
    Thank you, haha.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, how much did it cost? Did you go from Newcastle train station? BTW I assumed from your name you were the mother of an American applicant lol..
    Awh guys you're lucky to live "close" 😂 4 hours would be an alright distance for uni! It's 9/10 hours for me by train. Plane is quicker! Are your parents worried about the distance or cost?

ReputationRep:
    Awh guys you're lucky to live "close" 😂 4 hours would be an alright distance for uni! It's 9/10 hours for me by train. Plane is quicker! Are your parents worried about the distance or cost?
    Haha, what airport would you go to?
    They're not really worried as it would give me a chance to become more 'independent', and going by train won't be that expensive especially with my railcard.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.