Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave1998)
    Actually I'm pretty sure St. Andrews' policy for every course is 1/3 European+Scottish students, 1/3 RUK, 1/3 internationals. I don't remember on which part of the site I read it though, I'll try and have a look

You have no idea how happy I would be if that's true 😁 Like I said, the information I found was just about Edinburgh 😅

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm applying to study biology (C100) at St Andrew's... just wondering if there are any other biologists out there!! 🌱🦎🌷

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slothonist)
    Current 1st year student at St Andrews, feel free to ask me any questions
    Hi, what's the general opinion on student life? mainly stuff like bars/ clubs? Do a lot of people travel to Dundee or is there enough in St Andrews? Also how expensive is it to travel to Dundee etc for nightlife/ gigs?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skipper12345)
    Hi, I'm applying to study biology (C100) at St Andrew's... just wondering if there are any other biologists out there!! 🌱🦎🌷
    I applied for biochemistry (not straight biology but it's under the biology department) Is St Andrews your first choice??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clucky_chick)
    Congratulations on your offers! How long did it take for you to hear back from Warwick? I'm expecting them to take a little bit of time as they have changed the philosophy curriculum, and have been asking applicants via e-mail if they are still interested in applying / giving support for those wanting to change courses.

Yeah, I'm so impatient. I just want to know their decision asap. But I will be really upset if they don't give me an offer. Probably hibernate for a few weeks, haha.
    Hi! They were fast for me actually, I think my offer came in two days after I submitted my application😊 Ah I see, I did apply for straight psychology though so yeah I see how that might be annoying! Also I'm guessing yours has to go through two departments so takes twice as long. And me, is St. A your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    What modules do you plan on taking Psy people? I'm thinking ; bio,social anthropology and statistics or Linguistics ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydia_mcq)
    I applied for biochemistry (not straight biology but it's under the biology department) Is St Andrews your first choice??
    Yes it is! I haven't actually had a chance to visit yet (as I live in Cornwall, which is quite a distance away!), but I'm sooooo excited and feel like it's perfect for me!! Is it your first choice too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skipper12345)
    Yes it is! I haven't actually had a chance to visit yet (as I live in Cornwall, which is quite a distance away!), but I'm sooooo excited and feel like it's perfect for me!! Is it your first choice too?
    I'm not 100% sure yet but I think I will put it as first choice - I hadn't been yet either because I'm from Northern Ireland but my sister is in her 1st year there studying maths and she absolutely loves it, I'm going to visit her there in Easter so im very excited!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% sure yet but I think I will put it as first choice - I hadn't been yet either because I'm from Northern Ireland but my sister is in her 1st year there studying maths and she absolutely loves it, I'm going to visit her there in Easter so im very excited!
    how does NI work in terms of fees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave1998)
    Heyy I'm applying for Arabic, Russian and French!!! Is St. Andrews your first choice?
    Hi!! St Andrews is my second choice at the moment after Durham. And I've found another Arabic applicant!! How come you're applying for Arabic? and what extra things have you done for it to show interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodadvice12)
    how does NI work in terms of fees?
    It's the same as the rest of the uk - I think some people can get reduced fees if they have an Irish passport but that doesn't apply to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qeyoo)
    You got classified as Home/EU for having an Irish mother wow?! My mother is also Irish but I didn't bother arguing that I'm 'accompanying' her in England as I've lived here my entire life. But I've been classed as Home/EU for having lived in the EU anyway so doesn't really matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I also grew up in Belgium for 4 years but didn't think that that would have affected my fee status (figured it was more of a nationality thing)

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, have any US students heard anything for Classic?

ReputationRep:
    Course : International Relations
    Subjects : Economics and Social Sciences, History/geography, Maths, Philosophy, French, Sciences, English, Spanish, Latin (as an optional course), PE, European class (as an optional course)
    Grades : average of 15,3/20 last trimester
    Predicted grades : 18/20 for the French baccalaureate
    Supre-curriculars : volunteering in Lourdes with disabled persons for 2 weeks, spent 2 months in Australia (without my family) and taught French to a class of year-8, visits to a local retirement house, musical at the Isle of White, equestrian on a competitive level for over 10 years
    Other unis considering : Edinburgh, Warwick, KCL, Exeter (offer : 14/20 at the french baccalaureate)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahorr1_)
    Oh I also grew up in Belgium for 4 years but didn't think that that would have affected my fee status (figured it was more of a nationality thing)
    I did a lot of digging when I received the fee status questionnaire (as I was so surprised I'd received one) and that's when I found out I was eligible through having lived in the EU. You can be eligible through having an EU parent if you can successfully argue that you are 'accompanying' them in the UK. (Think I might have said that already somewhere whoops)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtt2016)
    Course Applying: Philosohpy and French
    AS/A2 subjects: French, Philosophy and Ethics, Economics, (Maths AS)
    GCSE grades: 6A*, 2A, 3B
    AS predicted: AAAB
    AS grades: (when the time comes!)
    Supra-curriculars: Wider reading, 6 week programme at Oxford, part of my school's Model United Nations team, tutoring a girl in 3rd year in French
    Other unis considering/applying to: UCL, KCL, Exeter, Bristol, Leeds, York, Southampton
    Go to oxford

ReputationRep:
    It's the same as the rest of the uk - I think some people can get reduced fees if they have an Irish passport but that doesn't apply to me
    That used to be the case I believe but they changed the rules so that's no longer true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What was everyone's process for the identifying their fees status?

ReputationRep:
    I know they've given out some already but the vast majority of offers is apparently after the deadline.
    How long after deadline do you think they'll let UK citizens know.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of an official Facebook group chat or any other sort of group chat for accepted students?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.