I received a conditional offer last night for chemistry MChem I'm RUK

Congrats! :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by natalya_kristen
offer for english and philosophy AAA, RUK :smile:

Congratulations! :smile:

Edit: Message to the thread:

Apologies for the slight spamming, I don't think multi-quote works when you're even a page back, for some reason.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well Done everyone with your offers!! 🙌🏻🍾
Original post by literaturista
Its literally the only one left for me !

I'm sure you'll get a response soon :smile: *^O^*

Original post by fablereader
I guess I'm really late to the party. Forgot to reload the page for - wow, a week, at least! *smack forehead*

Very late :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if St Andrews take S6 results into consideration, especially if you come from a state school in a deprived area?
(Scotland)
Original post by Blahdeblahdeblah
Does anyone know if St Andrews take S6 results into consideration, especially if you come from a state school in a deprived area?
(Scotland)

Pretty sure not. If it's deprived it's contextual so minimum offer bracket.

That said if there was a reason why S5 was not academically great (serious illness etc) perhaps consideration. Generally though 1st sitting is the bench mark...
Original post by Econhopeful17
Pretty sure not. If it's deprived it's contextual so minimum offer bracket.

That said if there was a reason why S5 was not academically great (serious illness etc) perhaps consideration. Generally though 1st sitting is the bench mark...

Thank you, kindly. I have one last question: would they be able to count S6 results on an individual basis (excluding S5 results, I mean)? Or does 'first sitting' define as 'S5 results only'?
Sorry to bother you again.
Original post by Blahdeblahdeblah
Thank you, kindly. I have one last question: would they be able to count S6 results on an individual basis (excluding S5 results, I mean)? Or does 'first sitting' define as 'S5 results only'?
Sorry to bother you again.

Hi, I would def give them a phone and explain your situation to the admissions team. The rule of thumb is 'first sitting' is what they consider. That's why the majority of offers are unconditional to Scots. But let's just say you got nil in 5th Year and then took a change of heart and did really well in 6th year. In this instance you may get conditional offers from uni's. It's only some uni's that are worried about 5th Year sitting and will allow a minimum of XY and X in 5th Year that can be topped up in 6th year. But if you read the admission section on the website it sets it all out. Given there seems to be something behind your 5th results (I hope I am not presuming) I would call and find out. Wishing you all the best!
Original post by Econhopeful17
Hi, I would def give them a phone and explain your situation to the admissions team. The rule of thumb is 'first sitting' is what they consider. That's why the majority of offers are unconditional to Scots. But let's just say you got nil in 5th Year and then took a change of heart and did really well in 6th year. In this instance you may get conditional offers from uni's. It's only some uni's that are worried about 5th Year sitting and will allow a minimum of XY and X in 5th Year that can be topped up in 6th year. But if you read the admission section on the website it sets it all out. Given there seems to be something behind your 5th results (I hope I am not presuming) I would call and find out. Wishing you all the best!

Thank you very much for your help.
Course Applying: MA (Hons) Psychology
IB subjects: Math Studies SL, English lang&lit SL, Psychology SL, Biology HL, Film HL, German B HL
Predicted IB Score (without extra points): 41/42
Extra-curriculars: Duke of Edinburgh's Bronze award, Gender & Sexuality Alliance president and founder, Basketball, Football, Track & Field, Student council, Environmental club, Grade 1 ABRSM Guitar, Grade 1 ABRSM Alto Saxophone, Summer camp counsellor, tutor, local food bank (charity), Women's shelter, Symphony Orchestra
Other unis considering/applying to: University of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee and Aberdeen
(I'm am EU applicant if any of you are wondering)
There is a group chat on face book if anyone would like to join

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J-Winter
There is a group chat on face book if anyone would like to join

Posted from TSR Mobile

how can i join?
Original post by mariamiller
IB subjects: Math Studies SL, English lang&lit SL, Psychology SL, Biology HL, Film HL, German B HL
Extra-curriculars: Duke of Edinburgh's Bronze award, Gender & Sexuality Alliance president and founder, Basketball, Football, Track & Field, Student council, Environmental club, Grade 1 ABRSM Guitar, Grade 1 ABRSM Alto Saxophone, Summer camp counsellor, tutor, local food bank (charity), Women's shelter, Symphony Orchestra
Other unis considering/applying to: University of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee and Aberdeen

Fellow IBer!! Good luck with mocks/revision/offers!

Im an economics hopeful, Currently studying HL Econ, English and Physics, SL Maths, spanish ab inito and bio
Predicted somewhere around the 40 region, with high ambitions of 45 points!
Original post by kimberry50

Im an economics hopeful, Currently studying HL Econ, English and Physics, SL Maths, spanish ab inito and bio

IB'ers! 🙌🏼 finished last year , actually have fond memories of those two years 😂
Original post by mariamiller

Original post by kimberry50

Original post by CBergendahl
IB'ers! 🙌🏼 finished last year , actually have fond memories of those two years 😂

IB too :five: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 935
Anyone got an offer for maths?

@wolfmoon88 didn't know you were IB as well! We're all in this crazy game together :tongue:
Original post by evelynfernsby
@wolfmoon88 didn't know you were IB as well! We're all in this crazy game together :tongue:

Yeah in IB Hell rn :biggrin: We are all in it to beat the system! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edoyle9

nothing so far!
Reply 939
Original post by edoyle9

Ye I got one a couple days ago (Scotland)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest