Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luisasch)
    Where does one request feedback?
    I just emailed the Physics department asking for feedback mate. Ctrl-F feedback on this page - https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/ug/policy/

(Original post by evelynfernsby)
    Whaaaat, I was rooting for you (for some odd reason )!

I've requested feedback too, because i don't think my grades were the reason.. :/
    Haha cheers. Yeah I'm thinking it was probably my personal statement or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amygracebroad)
    Still waiting to hear back for Modern History (I'm RUK and haven't seen anyone with History offers yet unless they're on a gap year so I'm still hopeful!)
    Rejected from Oxford, have an offer from Durham (but I've always preferred St A's anyway, and didn't get my first choice college which has made me even more sure Durham isn't for me - I live much too close, would rather explore somewhere new) so realistically if I'm not going to take a gap year then this is my last chance!!!! *crosses fingers*
    Good luck to everyone still waiting
    How do you know your college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qeyoo)
    How do you know your college?
    The online booking form for the post-offer days has gone live, so you can find out through there!

ReputationRep:
    Rejection today here as-well. I'm really puzzled because I see they've both made offers to inferior candidates than myself, and rejected even more superior. I think they're nuts. Either they've been taking money for offers, or they must have pulled names out of a hat.

Anyway, no worries, I had no real preference over Warwick, and it doesn't compare to a Cambridge rejection. Best of luck to everyone waiting, and commiserations to everyone else who received their rejection. I'll be deciding whether to go to Warwick/Durham or re-apply to Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonzrmetal)
    Rejection today here as-well. I'm really puzzled because I see they've both made offers to inferior candidates than myself, and rejected even more superior. I think they're nuts. Either they've been taking money for offers, or they must have pulled names out of a hat.

Anyway, no worries, I had no real preference over Warwick, and it doesn't compare to a Cambridge rejection. Best of luck to everyone waiting, and commiserations to everyone else who received their rejection. I'll be deciding whether to go to Warwick/Durham or re-apply to Cambridge.
    Hehe, or it's another offers mishap probably not though

Nice on getting warwick/durham offers tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol just logged into the portal, still says pending decision :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonzrmetal)

Sorry to hear.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I have a friend who got a physics offer today (international) so idk... has 4.3 GPA though and solid SATs and APs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    this is making me paranoid af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    I have a friend who got a physics offer today (international) so idk... has 4.3 GPA though and solid SATs and APs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought highest gpa is 4.0???? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just looked up to see what my application has been up to - still at pending decision which it has been from about 3 weeks after I applied. It says the department is Economics & Finance, and yet I applied to modern history & economics, I know they're both in the faculty of arts, but this would suggest it's just being looked at by economics and finance, and not history
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I thought highest gpa is 4.0???? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Weighted GPA highest is 4.5 I think

Unweighted highest is 4.0

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Weighted GPA highest is 4.5 I think

Unweighted highest is 4.0

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Ok makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah idk though lmaooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    just looked up to see what my application has been up to - still at pending decision which it has been from about 3 weeks after I applied. It says the department is Economics & Finance, and yet I applied to modern history & economics, I know they're both in the faculty of arts, but this would suggest it's just being looked at by economics and finance, and not history
    I suspect it just says that because the degree is officially "MA(Hons) Economics and Modern History" and they get listed by which subject comes first, technically giving that department overall 'responsibility' so to speak. When I graduated, for example, it was with everyone doing German because my degree was "German and Modern History". I wouldn't worry too much about it - good luck!

ReputationRep:
    St Andrews will happily except an inferior international applicant over an RUK applicant......they need the money lol
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by OturuDansay)
    St Andrews will happily except an inferior international applicant over an RUK applicant......they need the money lol
    Agreed somewhat and I am an international student :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ispyjonnytriff)
    I suspect it just says that because the degree is officially "MA(Hons) Economics and Modern History" and they get listed by which subject comes first, technically giving that department overall 'responsibility' so to speak. When I graduated, for example, it was with everyone doing German because my degree was "German and Modern History". I wouldn't worry too much about it - good luck!
    ah i see! thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OturuDansay)
    Well Scots/EU are even worse off in that regard so shhh
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey amygracebroad let me know how St A's goes! Rooting for you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.