Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simone0110)
    they wrote my an email when i submitted my application through UCAS, but I think that everybody got the same mail what about you?
    would you mind asking if they send the offers for chemistry for UK/EU/International at the same time?
    Sorry, I called before I saw your reply. They said two weeks (I'm EU/Scotland pool)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayushii29)
    Sorry, I called before I saw your reply. They said two weeks (I'm EU/Scotland pool)
    No problem I am EU as well Let's just hope we can party in two weeks

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for Arabic&Persian already?

I think that for me it will be a rejection. There is so many amazing applicants that my 38 IB points is nothing compared to 43-45 points that many applicants will probably have..
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by bookfreakfin)
    Has anyone got an offer for Arabic&Persian already?

I think that for me it will be a rejection. There is so many amazing applicants that my 38 IB points is nothing compared to 43-45 points that many applicants will probably have..
    Are you EU/Scot? if not then 38 points is most likely ok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Are you EU/Scot? if not then 38 points is most likely ok!
    I'm an EU student, so probably I don't have a chance

It is a good result compared to my IB school's average (around 31-32), with the best results ever being 41 and 43 points in my school. But probably not good enough for StA.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by bookfreakfin)
    I'm an EU student, so probably I don't have a chance

It is a good result compared to my IB school's average (around 31-32), with the best results ever being 41 and 43 points in my school. But probably not good enough for StA.
    Have faith! No news is good news!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a French and IR applicant and haven't heard anything yet! Portal says my application is in the Languages department but it has been pending for so long I don't know whether or not it's been through the IR department yet - EU student too so waiting is so long and terrifying... Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I just can't imagine that they'll kick us out just because we're EU... If they are satisfied with our grades and like our personal statements, why should they decline us? It is always good to have students from different places in order to have a great mixture of cultures

It just takes a bit longer for them to assess us, maybe they don't now much about our school system and therefore it is hard to compare the applicants. I am also absolutly confused by the bavarian school system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simone0110)
    I just can't imagine that they'll kick us out just because we're EU... If they are satisfied with our grades and like our personal statements, why should they decline us? It is always good to have students from different places in order to have a great mixture of cultures

It just takes a bit longer for them to assess us, maybe they don't now much about our school system and therefore it is hard to compare the applicants. I am also absolutly confused by the bavarian school system

I'm sure they'd like to admit more EU/Scottish students but since the number of students they can admit from this pool is strictly limited by the government it is likely that many of us will be 'kicked' out of the selection process despite having great qualifications, personal statements and extra curricular activities etc :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=tmwilliams;70153662]I'm sure they'd like to admit more EU/Scottish students but since the number of students they can admit from this pool is strictly limited by the government it is likely that many of us will be 'kicked' out of the selection process despite having great qualifications, personal statements and extra curricular activities etc :/

Exactly ..

ReputationRep:
    Has any Home/EU students heard back from Geography??

ReputationRep:
    any other late UK econ offers in yet? i received mine earlier this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimberry50)
    any other late UK econ offers in yet? i received mine earlier this week
    Are you RUK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    Are you RUK?
    I think most if not all Scots applicants state that they're Scots and not UK but idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soccermom39)
    I think most if not all Scots applicants state that they're Scots and not UK but idk
    Internationals,
    RUK and
    Scots/Eu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarette)
    I'm a French and IR applicant and haven't heard anything yet! Portal says my application is in the Languages department but it has been pending for so long I don't know whether or not it's been through the IR department yet - EU student too so waiting is so long and terrifying... Good luck!
    Hi I'm French as well and I'm waiting for their decision for IR too ! Where else have you applied ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    Are you RUK?
    uh i have no idea what RUK means but i live in the south of england so i guess??
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by kimberry50)
    uh i have no idea what RUK means but i live in the south of england so i guess??
    RUK means "rest of the UK" in Scottish admissions speak but I guess it is used in other places as well

ReputationRep:
    Anybody still to hear back for maths (with a language)?. Sitting waiting with 6As at higher and predicted 4 at AH yet still haven't heard anything. It's driving me round the bend!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaT)
    Anybody still to hear back for maths (with a language)?. Sitting waiting with 6As at higher and predicted 4 at AH yet still haven't heard anything. It's driving me round the bend!!
    I hear you! Your in good company, waiting..waiting... 🙈😩

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.