St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kraken713
AAAAAA at national 5
AAAAA at higher
I'm doing 2 AHs and 2 additional highers this year

Thank you so much! x we have very similar grades so figures crossed 👌🏻 Is St Andrews your first choice ? 😊
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
any Scots heard back for history&economics joint? literally losing hope lol
Original post by Lauren1498x
any Scots heard back for history&economics joint? literally losing hope lol

Still waiting on economics ! X know how you feel 😳
Original post by literaturista
Im just wondering, have you guys taken a gap year?

I actually went to Aberdeen for a year doing English and reapplied, hated the subject.
Original post by Lucylu.est.1999
Still waiting on economics ! X know how you feel 😳

Ditto - yeh 5 ppl I know have offers and none even want to go!
Original post by quitteriedtr
I've got an offer from Exeter and I'm waiting on Warwick (lucky you!), Kings, St Andrews and Edinburgh

Wow congrats on Exeter 😍 I can't believe you'rewaiting on four! Waiting on two is stressful enough!! 😵 from looking at last year's offers it seems that languages in particular are one of the last to give out answers but I don't know whether or not this is the case... I hope not!! When did you send your application if you don't mind me asking?
Why do I even check my email after 9pm when I am fully aware there's going to be nothing...
Original post by Mystery.
Why do I even check my email after 9pm when I am fully aware there's going to be nothing...

😂😂😂
Original post by Clarette
Wow congrats on Exeter 😍 I can't believe you'rewaiting on four! Waiting on two is stressful enough!! 😵 from looking at last year's offers it seems that languages in particular are one of the last to give out answers but I don't know whether or not this is the case... I hope not!! When did you send your application if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah I know it's been almost 3 months since I've applied (November 30th):s-smilie: I was pretty confident about my application it make me feel like perhaps I was wrong to be ...
I'm a French and IR applicant and haven't heard anything yet! Portal says my application is in the Languages department but it has been pending for so long I don't know whether or not it's been through the IR department yet - EU student too so waiting is so long and terrifying... Good luck!

where on the portal does it say which department its been through ?
Original post by qwertizi
where on the portal does it say which department its been through ?

Well I tried to double-check just now but it wouldn't let me log in (I think there is a maintenance thing going on at the moment?) But fromm what I remember from a couple of days ago, in the extra information underneath the 'pending' status it reads, Department: and mine says my application is in the Department for Modern Languages - I don't know whether or not this is a true indication of which department the application is in, but I hope so because it is the only information I have recieved so far!! :s-smilie:
Original post by quitteriedtr
Yeah I know it's been almost 3 months since I've applied (November 30th):s-smilie: I was pretty confident about my application it make me feel like perhaps I was wrong to be ...

I'm sure it has nothing to do with your application except the fact that you are an EU student for St Andrews, but I get what you mean waiting just drains the confidence from you!! I really hope we've heard back by the end of Feb because the wait is awful.

So have you applied for French and IR or just IR?
Original post by Natbooks
Congratulations to both of you!

Thanks!
Original post by wolfmoon88
Omg you are still around :wavey:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I've been following certain threads but not been commenting much. I'm waiting for a reply from St Andrews like many others here. :smile:
Original post by Natbooks
Yes, I've been following certain threads but not been commenting much. I'm waiting for a reply from St Andrews like many others here. :smile:

Good luck :smile: I am sure you'll hear back soon!

Hahahaha compared to me who has been commenting too much since our last convo :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure it has nothing to do with your application except the fact that you are an EU student for St Andrews, but I get what you mean waiting just drains the confidence from you!! I really hope we've heard back by the end of Feb because the wait is awful.

So have you applied for French and IR or just IR?

IR
I hate this waiting so much. Last year, I just decided to try & apply to a few British unis and I was really relaxed about it, it just seemed like a somewhat crazy idea and I liked the process of searching for unis and courses, going through rankings ...
But I feel like during these months that I've been waiting, I've become so stressed out. My excitement has turned into anxiety because I still haven't received any offers and, after spending so much time with this application, I want it so so much. I know that I'll probably receive a rejection (EU applicant for IR ...) and I'm so scared of it. My friends and family can't really understand why I think about this application stuff constantly and why I want to talk about it all the time - uni applications aren't such a big thing in Germany, if your grades are good enough, you're automatically accepted.

Anyone here who can relate to how I feel? I hate this feeling of anxiety so much but I just have to think about my application constantly ...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
I hate this waiting so much. Last year, I just decided to try & apply to a few British unis and I was really relaxed about it, it just seemed like a somewhat crazy idea and I liked the process of searching for unis and courses, going through rankings ...
But I feel like during these months that I've been waiting, I've become so stressed out. My excitement has turned into anxiety because I still haven't received any offers and, after spending so much time with this application, I want it so so much. I know that I'll probably receive a rejection (EU applicant for IR ...) and I'm so scared of it. My friends and family can't really understand why I think about this application stuff constantly and why I want to talk about it all the time - uni applications aren't auch a big thing in Germany, if you're grades are good enough, you're automatically accepted.

Anyone here who can relate to how I feel? I hate this feeling of anxiety so much but I just have to think about my application constantly ...

Definitely can relate! For a while, all I could think about and talk about was my applications. Looking through the courses of my top 2 choices... again and again... and just waiting... Tbh... TSR doesn't really help matters especially when you see other people getting offers and such. Was still extremely excited about studying abroad, just anxious to hear from unis for better or for worse.

But it will be over soon :smile: the anxiety will subside and if you get into you top few choices, the excitement will be back!, trust me :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by guhhh66
Congrats! Still waiting for mine..

Thank you!!! Best luck on your application! :-) When did you apply?
Original post by ZilinTu
Thank you!!! Best luck on your application! :-) When did you apply?
Ages ago back in early November so hopefully will hear back soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending