Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from management?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraken713)
    Got an unconditional for modern history and international relations today. I'm a Scottish applicant
    Congratulations!!!
    If you don't mind me asking what are your grades/predictions (very anxious Scottish applicant here) 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarette)
    Yay happy to find someone else in my situation! 😁 I've had offers back from Loughborough and Warwick, and a rejection from Oxbridge - waiting on St Andrews and Durham :L you?
    I've got an offer from Exeter and I'm waiting on Warwick (lucky you!), Kings, St Andrews and Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econhopeful17)
    Hahahahaha! I just phoned St A just now, was told bulk of decisions for Scots/Eu will be by the end of Feb and some stragglers in March up to the end. Rejections are sent out as and when they come along as such, so no special bulk send out or anything! What grades did you get, if you don't mind me asking! What you doing this year?
    Hi sorry for the late reply 😊
    S4- 6 A's & B National 5's
    S5- 5 A's at Higher
    S6- predicted 2 A's at Higher & B Advanced Higher & A Nat 5 hospitality

P.S Still waiting 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucylu.est.1999)
    Hi sorry for the late reply 😊
    S4- 6 A's & B National 5's
    S5- 5 A's at Higher
    S6- predicted 2 A's at Higher & B Advanced Higher & A Nat 5 hospitality

P.S Still waiting 😉
    Hi uhh likewise waiting but certain of rejection. Other ppl at school and another now have offers.. so that's it.. 😏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econhopeful17)
    Hi uhh likewise waiting but certain of rejection. Other ppl at school and another now have offers.. so that's it.. 😏
    Really ? No one at my school have heard back yet 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yorkshire1231)
    Congratulations! I'm waiting to hear from them for International Relations and Modern History too!
    Do you mind telling me what your grades are?
    Congratulations!!!
    If you don't mind me asking what are your grades/predictions (very anxious Scottish applicant here) 😊
    AAAAAA at national 5
    AAAAA at higher
    I'm doing 2 AHs and 2 additional highers this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraken713)
    AAAAAA at national 5
    AAAAA at higher
    I'm doing 2 AHs and 2 additional highers this year
    Thank you so much! x we have very similar grades so figures crossed 👌🏻 Is St Andrews your first choice ? 😊

ReputationRep:
    any Scots heard back for history&economics joint? literally losing hope lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    any Scots heard back for history&economics joint? literally losing hope lol
    Still waiting on economics ! X know how you feel 😳

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by literaturista)
    Im just wondering, have you guys taken a gap year?
    I actually went to Aberdeen for a year doing English and reapplied, hated the subject.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on economics ! X know how you feel 😳
    Ditto - yeh 5 ppl I know have offers and none even want to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quitteriedtr)
    I've got an offer from Exeter and I'm waiting on Warwick (lucky you!), Kings, St Andrews and Edinburgh
    Wow congrats on Exeter 😍 I can't believe you'rewaiting on four! Waiting on two is stressful enough!! 😵 from looking at last year's offers it seems that languages in particular are one of the last to give out answers but I don't know whether or not this is the case... I hope not!! When did you send your application if you don't mind me asking?

Why do I even check my email after 9pm when I am fully aware there's going to be nothing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery.)
    Why do I even check my email after 9pm when I am fully aware there's going to be nothing...
    😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Wow congrats on Exeter 😍 I can't believe you'rewaiting on four! Waiting on two is stressful enough!! 😵 from looking at last year's offers it seems that languages in particular are one of the last to give out answers but I don't know whether or not this is the case... I hope not!! When did you send your application if you don't mind me asking?
    Yeah I know it's been almost 3 months since I've applied (November 30th) I was pretty confident about my application it make me feel like perhaps I was wrong to be ...

ReputationRep:
    I'm a French and IR applicant and haven't heard anything yet! Portal says my application is in the Languages department but it has been pending for so long I don't know whether or not it's been through the IR department yet - EU student too so waiting is so long and terrifying... Good luck!
    where on the portal does it say which department its been through ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertizi)
    where on the portal does it say which department its been through ?
    Well I tried to double-check just now but it wouldn't let me log in (I think there is a maintenance thing going on at the moment?) But fromm what I remember from a couple of days ago, in the extra information underneath the 'pending' status it reads, Department: and mine says my application is in the Department for Modern Languages - I don't know whether or not this is a true indication of which department the application is in, but I hope so because it is the only information I have recieved so far!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quitteriedtr)
    Yeah I know it's been almost 3 months since I've applied (November 30th) I was pretty confident about my application it make me feel like perhaps I was wrong to be ...
    I'm sure it has nothing to do with your application except the fact that you are an EU student for St Andrews, but I get what you mean waiting just drains the confidence from you!! I really hope we've heard back by the end of Feb because the wait is awful.

So have you applied for French and IR or just IR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natbooks)
    Congratulations to both of you!
    Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.