Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Capricancer)
    it's honestly getting really irritating how you always ask everyone on this thread this.
    Sorry Sir.

ReputationRep:
    Or my offer about a month back but only just got on TSR! Any other chemists?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *Got

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simone0110)
    Does anyone of you understand how one should complete the financial profile?

If so, would anyone be so kind to give me some instructions (I am a dependent student)? I am struggeling with the english expressions and I can't find good translations for them

Is Salary (PAYE) your annual income in net or in gross?
    What does "private pensions" mean? And how is this different from state pension?
    Is private pension just the money you saved, so do you have to tell how much money you own in general? I guess state pension is the money you get from the state after you retired. Do you have to say how much money you (your parents) will get when they retire or do you just have to included that, when youre parents already retired and get the money right now?
    And what does "working tax credit" mean?

Would be extremly great if someone could help me with all this and explain what it means, I don't quite get our german system but the english one is VERY confusing
    I would normally read SALARY as being gross pay ie before tax / NI and pension contributions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyBunion)
    I would normally read SALARY as being gross pay ie before tax / NI and pension contributions.
    Is the "pay-as-you-earn-concept" net or gross?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simone0110)
    Is the "pay-as-you-earn-concept" net or gross?
    Pay as you earn (PAYE) is to do with taxation, it is where the employer takes tax off before you get the money .. happens to all employees.

Self employed tend to pay in 2 chunks a year where they earn the money and then pay the tax later .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyBunion)
    Pay as you earn (PAYE) is to do with taxation, it is where the employer takes tax off before you get the money .. happens to all employees.

Self employed tend to pay in 2 chunks a year where they earn the money and then pay the tax later .
    Thanks! This sounds more like net to me, at least net like I would consider it in Germany

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone know exactly why St Andrews talk so long to reply? My fee status is Home/EU and I'd really love to get in but I'm starting to get a bit worried. I'm applying for Biology and have no idea if that's one of the more competitive subjects.

Sorry if this gets asked a lot! I just don't understand why St Andrews take several months longer than every other uni I applied to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingKudu)
    Hey, does anyone know exactly why St Andrews talk so long to reply? My fee status is Home/EU and I'd really love to get in but I'm starting to get a bit worried. I'm applying for Biology and have no idea if that's one of the more competitive subjects.

Sorry if this gets asked a lot! I just don't understand why St Andrews take several months longer than every other uni I applied to.
    They take longer because they only start when the deadline of Ucas, 15th of Januari, closes. Plus they have a big maybe pile which they have to work through. Hope you get in! Still waiting myself

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer! (I'm an EU applicant and I applied mid-October.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABosma)
    They take longer because they only start when the deadline of Ucas, 15th of Januari, closes. Plus they have a big maybe pile which they have to work through. Hope you get in! Still waiting myself
    So everyone who has not got an offer/rejection yet is on the maybe pile? :/

ReputationRep:
    Rejection for English today. Nice talking to you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natbooks)
    Congrats !! For which course ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by literaturista)
    So sorry I know how you feel, just received a rejection for Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    Just been rejected for Modern History. 10 A* 2 A at GCSE and AAAAC at AS. Pretty upset as it was my top choice after my Oxford rejection and this is just like the nail in the coffin now. Probably going to take a gap year and reapply, no idea what I'll do with it though.
    Good luck to anyone else still waiting, and it's been nice to meet you all!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Natbooks)
    Congrats *^O^* so happy that you have one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by literaturista)
    :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by amygracebroad)
    Just been rejected for Modern History. 10 A* 2 A at GCSE and AAAAC at AS. Pretty upset as it was my top choice after my Oxford rejection and this is just like the nail in the coffin now. Probably going to take a gap year and reapply, no idea what I'll do with it though.
    Good luck to anyone else still waiting, and it's been nice to meet you all!!
    a double rejection honestly sucks :console:

You can travel and do a lot of wider reading in your gap year. If you can try to get work experience (maybe ask if you can volunteer at a museum or something) There are so many possibilities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GermanIRhopeful)
    So sorry I know how you feel, just received a rejection for Edinburgh
    Oh no I am so sorry for you, I was hoping so much that they'll take you. Also got rejected from Edinburgh about two weeks ago..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quitteriedtr)
    Congrats !! For which course ?
    Literature and Spanish.

(Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Congrats *^O^* so happy that you have one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.