Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    a double rejection honestly sucks :console:

You can travel and do a lot of wider reading in your gap year. If you can try to get work experience (maybe ask if you can volunteer at a museum or something) There are so many possibilities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it is a bit disheartening

But yes I'll try and make the most of it!! Thanks for all the kind words wolfmoon88

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simone0110)
    So everyone who has not got an offer/rejection yet is on the maybe pile? :/
    As far as I know yes. but remember, they have so many applications that almost everyone is on the maybe pile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by amygracebroad)
    it is a bit disheartening

But yes I'll try and make the most of it!! Thanks for all the kind words wolfmoon88
    :console:

maybe call your local museum to see if they have volunteer opportunities! I am sure you'll do great wherever you end up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected for econ and Phil yesterday, thought I'd say if anyone wanted to know about rejections/offers for econ/Phil

I'm RUK and predicted A*A*A*-A (EPQ)

Quite a shame as it's my first choice and I had a lot ridding on this, might just take a gap year.

Anyways congrats to successful candidates.

Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soccermom39)
    Got rejected for econ and Phil yesterday, thought I'd say if anyone wanted to know about rejections/offers for econ/Phil

Quite a shame as it's my first choice and I had a lot ridding on this, might just take a gap year.

Good luck guys
    Can't believe that they rejected you with those grades I'm really sorry for you.

ReputationRep:

Good luck guys
    Omg I'm so sorry to hear this

I think you should ask for feedback, they must have made a mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GermanIRhopeful)
    Can't believe that they rejected you with those grades I'm really sorry for you.
    it's alright with the way it's going I'm probably gonna be a grade shy off my predicted so idk maybe they missed a bullet aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Capricancer)
    Omg I'm so sorry to hear this

I think you should ask for feedback, they must have made a mistake
    How would I go about doing that?
    I know I made a mistake on my personal statement, it was a minor grammatical one, idk how it went unnoticed by 3-4 of my teachers but oh well.
    (if you're curious: after rearranging a quote I forgot to use (') <- that when the quote ended)
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

Good luck guys
    :console: so sorry to hear this

Send an email to them asking for feedback on application. They should have an official policy on their website about this.

:console: again and good luck with the gap year or wherever you end up in! I am sure you'll be amazing wherever you go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey there everyone, Scottish Student got my offer (unconditional) for Economics and Management last week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arj_)
    Hey there everyone, Scottish Student got my offer (unconditional) for Economics and Management last week
    Grats ! I want to apply for management next year, if you don't mind me asking; what were your grades?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, in my 5th year I got;
    Maths-A
    English-A
    Biology-A
    Modern Studies-A
    Chemistry-B
    Sports Leader- Pass(Has no grades awarded in it, it's just pass or fail basis, but nobody really should fail it haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arj_)
    Hey, in my 5th year I got;
    Maths-A
    English-A
    Biology-A
    Modern Studies-A
    Chemistry-B
    Sports Leader- Pass(Has no grades awarded in it, it's just pass or fail basis, but nobody really should fail it haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're really good grades, well done !

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for IR (EU applicant). Don't really know what to do, I've been rejected by my two first choices (Edinburgh and St A). All that hard work and effort for nothing.
    I'll probably study in Germany. There goes my dream of studying abroad (although I was predicted the highest possible Abitur grades). I'm just really down right now

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for IR (EU applicant). Don't really know what to do, I've been rejected by my two first choices (Edinburgh and St A). All that hard work and effort for nothing.
    I'll probably study in Germany. There goes my dream of studying abroad (although I was predicted the highest possible Abitur grades). I'm just really down right now

Same I know how you feel ...

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I am so sorry But with an 1.0 Abitur you can study everything here in Germany, that is an amazing grade!!!!
    Haven't you applied to any other uni?

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected by St Andrews. Not too sure as to why either...Pretty disappointed since I was hoping to make them my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotKidding)
    Got rejected by St Andrews. Not too sure as to why either...Pretty disappointed since I was hoping to make them my insurance.
    I am sorry for you too May I ask for what you have applied? I am still waiting for a decision for almost 4 months now...

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected today too I was already expecting that, so it doesn't matter that much. Only downside is that I don't think I will get an offer from Edinburgh either so I can't study the subect I really want.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from philosophy / psychology? I'm desperately waiting now. I feel like ringing up admissions to see if they know when they are releasing offers / rejections for those subjects. So nervous and impatient!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.