Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 221Breezeblocks)
    Just got my rejection :laugh: :' I applied for French & Arabic, although I am slightly confused...

The entrance requirements are AAB
    I'm predicted A*AA...
    And I have received an offer from Durham for AAA :P

I wasn't expecting it, perhaps it's because I'm not Scottish and do not live there. Any other language students let me know how you get on
    I'm sorry you missed your offer. Well done on Durham though!
    It won't be due to preference for Scottish students as the number of Scottish and EU (so not International or rest of the U.K.) applicants the uni can accept is capped to a 1/3rd of intake annually. (This is probably because they don't pay fees).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clucky_chick)
    Anyone heard from philosophy / psychology? I'm desperately waiting now. I feel like ringing up admissions to see if they know when they are releasing offers / rejections for those subjects. So nervous and impatient!
    I received a condition offer Psychology in January- it's probably taking longer as your application is going through two departments rather than one. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hello there

I'm an International Applicant and I have an offer from the university for Social Anthropology!
    Anybody else out there with an offer or applied for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishFold)
    My D was rejected by St A today for CS. She is from the USA. She firmed Edinburgh and made Glasgow her insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would you mind sharing your D's scores? My S is also from USA and applied for CS in October, but no response yet from St. Andrews. He has offers from all others to which he has applied, including Durham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    I received a condition offer Psychology in January- it's probably taking longer as your application is going through two departments rather than one. Good luck!
    Yeah, that's true! I'm so impatient now, haha! I don't think I will get in, but it's awful waiting to find out if they are going to accept / reject. Oh well, they said they should let me know by the end of the month at the latest! Fingers crossed! And congratulations on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected for Modern History and International Relations this week . Very disappointed.

I was hoping to transfer back into first year as I have started at another university and the course isn't quite for me. I hope it wasn't influenced by the fact I had to apply right before the deadline because my old school took ages to send my reference after dealing with their current pupils.

My grades were A*A*A*A and I got an offer previously for St. Andrews (one of the deciding factors was they didn't offer me deferred entry at the time) so I guess applications are even more competitive this year.

I emailed for feedback and they gave a very generic answer about there being many applicants holding or predicted to achieve the asking rates or above.

Good luck with all of your applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123xxx)
    I got rejected for Modern History and International Relations this week . Very disappointed.

I was hoping to transfer back into first year as I have started at another university and the course isn't quite for me. I hope it wasn't influenced by the fact I had to apply right before the deadline because my old school took ages to send my reference after dealing with their current pupils.

My grades were A*A*A*A and I got an offer previously for St. Andrews (one of the deciding factors was they didn't offer me deferred entry at the time) so I guess applications are even more competitive this year.

I emailed for feedback and they gave a very generic answer about there being many applicants holding or predicted to achieve the asking rates or above.

Good luck with all of your applications.
    Sorry to hear about your rejection

I emailed for feedback (applied for Modern History) and got exactly the same response. Pretty disappointing, as I'm considering reapplying next year and would have liked some better advice. Though looking at your grades I'm not sure I'll have much more luck next year!!!

ReputationRep:
    My D's scores were borderline- so it's not surprising she was rejected. 28 on ACT and barely qualifying APs and SAT subjects.
    But it's all good- think the larger cities of Edinburgh or Glasgow will be a better fit. She is also interested in Artificial Intelligence, and will have more options for AI in Edinburgh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Course Applying: IR and Arabic (but i was given an offer for middle east studies + arabic instead)
    AS/A2 subjects: none - im an international student
    GCSE grades: N/A
    AS predicted:N/A
    AS grades: (when the time comes!)
    Supra-curriculars: none lol
    Other unis considering/applying to: SOAS and QMUL

Maybe someone native to the UK can tell me if i should do soas or saint andrews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishFold)
    My D's scores were borderline- so it's not surprising she was rejected. 28 on ACT and barely qualifying APs and SAT subjects.
    But it's all good- think the larger cities of Edinburgh or Glasgow will be a better fit. She is also interested in Artificial Intelligence, and will have more options for AI in Edinburgh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, really? My GPA wasn't even what they asked for, 5 on AP test, 660 & 680 on subject tests respectively, 26 on ACT which i actually ended up leaving off my app and I received an unconditional offer. I wonder why this is? I wish her the best in what she does regardless. What course did she apply for at Saint Andrews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redneckrussian)
    Wow, really? My GPA wasn't even what they asked for, 5 on AP test, 660 & 680 on subject tests respectively, 26 on ACT which i actually ended up leaving off my app and I received an unconditional offer. I wonder why this is? I wish her the best in what she does regardless. What course did she apply for at Saint Andrews?
    What GPA requirements do they ask for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Capricancer)
    What GPA requirements do they ask for?
    The admissions lady told me they generally ask for at least a 3.6. My GPA has been tanking since junior year (it was around a 3.4-3.5)

ReputationRep:
    SO today I was rejected for history & economics. Very confused. I was told by Oxford I would have got an offer from them for One better mark in the admissions test and was specifically told they liked my ps. My grades couldn't have been better - I have full marks in some exams, so I don't know what St. Andrews is playing at. I hope it's not fee status because that's the only thing I can think of 🙃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    SO today I was rejected for history & economics. Very confused. I was told by Oxford I would have got an offer from them for One better mark in the admissions test and was specifically told they liked my ps. My grades couldn't have been better - I have full marks in some exams, so I don't know what St. Andrews is playing at. I hope it's not fee status because that's the only thing I can think of 🙃
    gutted for you Lauren!!! are you going to take a gap year then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amygracebroad)
    gutted for you Lauren!!! are you going to take a gap year then?
    If I don't get LSE which is pretty likely then I definitely will be!

ReputationRep:
    What is your status?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lbagathe)
    What is your status?
    Scottish, tbh If I was RUK i'd reckon i'd get in )))

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry, I was kinda rooting for you to get in what about your other choices? Do you not want to go to them? It's their loss, you seem like a great candidate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraken713)
    I'm really sorry, I was kinda rooting for you to get in what about your other choices? Do you not want to go to them? It's their loss, you seem like a great candidate!
    I don't really want to go to Edinburgh as the course is politics and economics, I don't know if they do economics & economic history/maths/history or something so I would phone And ask to change. I don't want to go to Warwick as they already messed about my course so I can't change. I'm leaning to re applying next year. Thanks though, I'm pretty annoyed tbh, without sounding bitter it is their loss. I know I'm pretty good at those subjects or else I wouldn't have achieved what I have already done, but it's ok onwards and upwards!

ReputationRep:
    All the best man.. Chill out now and just keep working like you already do, and you will be able to achieve what you want to

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.