Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherineeegrace)
    I'm trying to apply for accommodation it don't have the email with my ID number. Should I email them to ask? I only firmed St. Andrews on Friday though
    Your ID number can be found in the portal and the e-mail they sent you confirming your offer.

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional for IR and Modern Languages the other day then rejected for English within 24 hours, bit weary though as I recently dropped History and will have to tell them this :///

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabimckenna)
    I got an unconditional for IR and Modern Languages the other day then rejected for English within 24 hours, bit weary though as I recently dropped History and will have to tell them this :///
    It would be a bit weird of them to rescind an offer after they gave it, especially if it's unconditional.

Don't feel bad about the English rejection, I think it's generally a policy that they only give you one offer, and if you want to take English you can still pick it up as an extra module if you have enough space in your schedule!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm heading up to St. Andrew's for the visiting day ...

It's 5:50. ... I hate long-distance travel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fablereader)
    Well, I'm heading up to St. Andrew's for the visiting day ...

It's 5:50. ... I hate long-distance travel.
    You missed a gorgeous day yesterday. It's a bit overcast today unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_banane_verte)
    You missed a gorgeous day yesterday. It's a bit overcast today unfortunately.
    *look out hotel window* Yep. Definitely is.

ReputationRep:
    How long after firming on UCAS should it take to get Entrant email from St. Andrews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MomofUSgirl)
    How long after firming on UCAS should it take to get Entrant email from St. Andrews?
    It takes a while apparently. A current first year told me that it took about 3 weeks to get hers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace2184)
    It takes a while apparently. A current first year told me that it took about 3 weeks to get hers.
    Thank you! That is very reassuring. I was starting to think we missed a step.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! That is very reassuring. I was starting to think we missed a step.
    No worries, I'm in the exact same boat. With no info I was starting to get a bit stir crazy, resorting to making elaborate lists and plans.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for theoretical physics AAA and two questions

1. what are the chances of me being allowed in if I underperform AAB or ABB ??

2. The offer is 5 years will it be possible for me to switch to a shorter course if i do get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeking1999)
    I've got an offer for theoretical physics AAA and two questions

1. what are the chances of me being allowed in if I underperform AAB or ABB ??

2. The offer is 5 years will it be possible for me to switch to a shorter course if i do get in
    1. Very low, but best to email to admissions to check
    2. You can enter 2nd year of a 4 year course if you achieve AAA (incl. Maths and Physics) for a BSc course (3 years in total)

ReputationRep:
    It's been nearly a month and I never got an entrant email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery.)
    It's been nearly a month and I never got an entrant email.
    No one has yet, I think mid/late May.

ReputationRep:
    Im trying to apply to accomdation but for some reason I keep getting hit with some "internal error" message. Is this normal ?

Plus how likely is it that i'll get super cushty acomodation by that i mean toilet, shower, and catered if Im applying now ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeking1999)
    Im trying to apply to accomdation but for some reason I keep getting hit with some "internal error" message. Is this normal ?

Plus how likely is it that i'll get super cushty acomodation by that i mean toilet, shower, and catered if Im applying now ?
    Yeah I keep getting that too!!

Also, the lady at a meet said if you apply for catered single, then you're very likely to get it probably DRA. It's more competitive for shared catered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery.)
    Yeah I keep getting that too!!

Also, the lady at a meet said if you apply for catered single, then you're very likely to get it probably DRA. It's more competitive for shared catered.
    When did you firm? If you firmed recently, the system blocks you from applying for accommodation until your acceptance of your offer is fully processed.

ReputationRep:
    Just a friendly reminder that there are Facebook groups and group chats for all things St Andrews, search for the discussion I posted a while back

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by J-Winter)
    Just a friendly reminder that there are Facebook groups and group chats for all things St Andrews, search for the discussion I posted a while back

Posted from TSR Mobile
    F off Joe xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've given it some time and i am still getting the error message when i try log in for accommodation application

It's the application where i put in my student ID, date of birth and enter the letters ????

have i messed something up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.