Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are you using day first, then month? Eu format, not US formatted dates.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my birthday is 05/05 anyway
    I'd appreciate any help

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure if you give them a call directly they'll be happy to help you out! Alternatively you could try sending an email, try not to worry though you've still got a couple of weeks and the form itself will only take you ten minutes when you finally get through

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who has accepted unconditional offers, have you received an official email from the University after confirming the spot or something similar, welcoming you etc.? Other than the update on your UCAS/applicant portal?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CBergendahl)
    Anybody who has accepted unconditional offers, have you received an official email from the University after confirming the spot or something similar, welcoming you etc.? Other than the update on your UCAS/applicant portal?
    I heard they were kinda slow so I wouldn't be too worried if you haven't received an official email yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nothing for my kid.

ReputationRep:
    Huge flurry of visa, user id, and health information emails over the last 24 hours. Things are progressing!

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for physics with 38 points in the IB, but lately I've been having second thoughts on choosing this as my path. I've heard St Andrews has a flexible degree structure, but does this mean flexible enough to allow me to switch to computer science instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SykesKarl)
    I have an offer for physics with 38 points in the IB, but lately I've been having second thoughts on choosing this as my path. I've heard St Andrews has a flexible degree structure, but does this mean flexible enough to allow me to switch to computer science instead?
    Are you planning to start in first or second year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Are you planning to start in first or second year?
    First year.

ReputationRep:
    I've accidentally signed up to a 5-year degree and got an offer AAA is it possible to change to shorter one?

ReputationRep:
    and I'm joe king but I'm not joking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeking1999)
    I've accidentally signed up to a 5-year degree and got an offer AAA is it possible to change to shorter one?
    I wouldn't worry about this - you choose whether to do a four or five year degree at the end of the second/third year. It partly depends on grades - generally you need to have a certain grade to be allowed into the fifth year.

If it's a question of first or second year entry, then that is decided at the meeting you have with your adviser in freshers' week of first year.

Relevant info for physics is here and here.

ReputationRep:
    Has any one heard back on any of the departmental scholarships?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MomofUSgirl)
    Has any one heard back on any of the departmental scholarships?
    They sent me a letter about a month ago saying I didn't get the scholarship I applied for (Chemistry)

ReputationRep:
    How do you find out your username and password for the mysaint account? Thanks

ReputationRep:

I've received nothing - should I be worried?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherineeegrace)
    I've received nothing - should I be worried?!!
    It's a busy day - give them a couple of days to get everything out before you get worried.

ReputationRep:
    Did we have to reply to the offer, or do they just assume we're coming?

ReputationRep:
    I think they just assume we're coming due to the wording on UCAS ☺️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.