Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi allI'm a graduate working in finance and am applying to graduate medicine this October. I am considering sitting the two written A2 chemistry exams (not the practical) to help me be eligible for Cambridge (as my original A levels are too old). If anyone else has done this, where did you manage to sit the exams privately? And how did you study? What exam board would you recommend? Does it matter?Thanks all

ReputationRep:
    hi! i self studied all of chem alevel, and its possible but i couldn't have done it without a tutor. I do ocr and Im enjoying it, if youre in london i recommend the ealing independent college, id apply soon though as deadlines for exam entries are coming close for most centres. you can research online to find centres that do exams for external candidates near your area.
    if you have anymore questions let me know! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You probably won't have trouble finding a college if you only need to sit the written papers (it's the practicals that can be hard to arrange). I had positive experience with Oak Heights School in Hounslow, and this year I'll be sitting exams at Cherry Hill Tuition. My board is AQA, I don't have any complaints about it. It may make sense to choose the same board you originally studied for while you were in college?
    As for studying - get an official textbook for your board, study the material in it, and then do as many past papers as you can possibly manage a couple months prior to the exam date.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.