Turn on thread page Beta

How do I get better at English? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    English is my second language but my main as well as my first one is frozen in terms of development and stuff because I mostly talk to English speakers. Even though i've lived here most of my life, I seem to have trouble pronouncing some words. whenever there's a hard word that my tongue seem to not want to do i avoid that word completely for an easier synonym, it's strange because i feel like my asian accent kicks in when i say particular words...dont know where i get this asian accent from because i did learn english when i was 5.

for example, words like London just twist my tongue up. any tips on how to improve pronunciation?
    I moved from london to wales and only noticed this issue when i moved, could it be the change in accents i'm living around in or something?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by WarwickPhysicist)
    revise revise revise revise
    this isn't an english gcse thread...

ReputationRep:
    it's probably the change in accent and environment, you'll just have to listen to how people say it around you and get used to that pronunciation

ReputationRep:
    Practice makes perfect, like with anything.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.