Turn on thread page Beta

You can't love somebody until you love yourself watch

ReputationRep:
    Well at least this is true for me lol. My friend used to say this all the time, but i didn't believe him until I got into a relationship. I liked the guy a lot but as soon as I got into a relationship it was like WHADDA F? Almost all the feels went away and i kept on over thinking every situation (my specialty). I would focus on the negative aspects of myself, and would have the same mindset towards him. Oddly, I never have had that mindset with my siblings, parents, or friends. Anyways once I started to fix my cognitive distortions and love myself, I fell in love with him too.

Thoughts? Not on my experience but the saying itself.

ReputationRep:
    OK

ReputationRep:
    I really do agree with this, everyone is worthy of love but you need to accept and respect that before getting into a healthy relationship

when love and trust is gone
    I guess that is moving on

btw I agree with you
    not only is it hard for yourself to be negative
    but also for the person youre with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    OK
    Lol ya there was no purpose to this. I'm just finding reasons to take a longer study break. :P

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm going to be alone forever then :rolf:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I understand and mostly agree with the sentiment but for me personally, loving someone else taught me that I could - and therefore probs should! - love myself

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much why I said on another thread I wouldn't date someone with mental health issues again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinemither)
    I guess I'm going to be alone forever then :rolf:
    Same, I don't think I could ever love myself lol, the self-hatred is just too strong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.