Turn on thread page Beta

Why do they say this is a sign of jealousy? watch

Okay so every bit of research I've done on jealousy says that if you mention a guy you find attractive to a guy you think likes you, and he replies instantly with a girl he finds attractive it is a guaranteed sign of jealousy or pretty much certain.

I've noticed if I'm jealous this is true for me. Although I don't know why.

What do guys who like a girl and feel jealous of her talking about an attractive man suddenly change the subject to a women they find attractive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so every bit of research I've done on jealousy says that if you mention a guy you find attractive to a guy you think likes you, and he replies instantly with a girl he finds attractive it is a guaranteed sign of jealousy or pretty much certain.

What do guys who like a girl and feel jealous of her talking about an attractive man suddenly change the subject to a women they find attractive?
    bite my ass ill bite yours?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. Perhaps they try to make you jealous by talking about girl they find attractive?

ReputationRep:
    I did that the other day without thinking about it...

I think it serves two purposes:

A) To try to make them jealous in return.

B) To try and save some pride and act as if you're not interested in that person.

Interesting though!

ReputationRep:
    Because people are afraid to be vulnerable, maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I had no idea this was a thing. I'd be too busy feeling crushed to be able to think of some other guys name tbh.

ReputationRep:
    It indicates you don't fancy the person you're talking to. This in turn creates a desire in the other person to have you. It's a psychological/primitive stance, we want what we can't have, or want what other people are receiving, mainly just attention. Particularly noticeable in girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    It indicates you don't fancy the person you're talking to. This in turn creates a desire in the other person to have you. It's a psychological/primitive stance, we want what we can't have, or want what other people are receiving, mainly just attention. Particularly noticeable in girls.
    Mostly this.
    In some people it acts like a defence mechanism, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're wondering this:

why does the guy vindictively mention a female he finds attractive in front of another woman...after she mentions a guy she likes?

Well there it is right there.

She rudely complimented a guy, so he bit back and mentioned a pretty woman. :indiff: I see it as more immature than jealousy, though. Or perhaps petty. Like why doesn't he brush it off and make her pay attention to him again with a charming diversion...instead of going tit for tat, and getting baited by this chick's uncouth mannerisms

ReputationRep:
    Like I can't imagine the conversation:

Girl: "Ugh, Leo DiCaprio is soo adorbs! I'm soo stoked that he finally won an Oscar!" *shrill squeal*
    Dude: "Ahh :curious: yea yea...well, Beyonce looked smashing at the SuperBowl :eviltongue:."
    Girl: Okay...? But Leo though! :daydreaming:
    Dude: (:argh:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Not really, if a girl says this to you run for the hills she isn't going to stick around very long.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.