Turn on thread page Beta

What do women mean when they say they like ambitious/driven guys? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daquan)
    Up there with navy pilot and heart surgeon. You can literally hear their eggs drop the moment you step into the room.
    "Hear their eggs drop the moment you step into the room" HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHA 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    ambition means having a good salary so the woman always knows that if she cba with her job one day she can pack it in and start acting sexy again, pestering the husband for babies. its about that sense of security that she can give up basically on her own career lol
    Ay lmao you cant just drop the truth like this :rofl:

Its some peoples game plan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I don't quite understand what it even means to be doing nothing with ones life, most jobs are routine (or a lot of them) and at the end of the day doing a job isn't going to make your life 100x more exciting unless you are doing something dangerous (like the army, oh you mean those guys just sit in camps most of the time?), senator (oh you mean the guys who just inside all the time), doctor (oh you mean the guys who go to the same hospital everyday) do you get where i'm going with this :lol:
    See, this is why I only date guys who are undercover spies and always in mortal peril.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Just someone who gives a **** and tries for me personally.
    Gives a **** and tries what?

ReputationRep:
    Gives a **** and tries what?
    Just anything in life. Like tries to succeed (in whatever they care about) and cares about something.

I don't care what they're ambitious in so long as they give a **** about something.

ReputationRep:
    See, this is why I only date guys who are undercover spies and always in mortal peril.
    That would be so fun though... I can't think of anything more fun than traveling rogue to exotic locations and almost getting kiled. Sadly even MI6 is a bureaucracy

ReputationRep:
    For me it's more about passion than ambition. Although someone with ambition is nice, and I don't mean ambition in terms of a well paid career, just someone who has set themselves some goals and is willing to work to achieve them... but I'd prefer someone who's just sweet and romantic and is intelligent over someone who earns loads of money in a job they only went into because their parents pushed them too lmao

ReputationRep:
    That would be so fun though... I can't think of anything more fun than traveling rogue to exotic locations and almost getting kiled. Sadly even MI6 is a bureaucracy
    When I was a kid I wanted to be snake from MGS. Like that was my dream :' )

ReputationRep:
    Just anything in life. Like tries to succeed (in whatever they care about) and cares about something.

I don't care what they're ambitious in so long as they give a **** about something.
    So high rating in WoW or LoL, getting better at chess or scrabble etc ?

ReputationRep:
    So high rating in WoW or LoL, getting better at chess or scrabble etc ?
    If that's what makes them happy then yeah sure. I don't care what their hobby is or what their passion or ambition is in. But it's important they have one, because to not have passion or ambition in life is just depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    For me it's more about passion than ambition. Although someone with ambition is nice, and I don't mean ambition in terms of a well paid career, just someone who has set themselves some goals and is willing to work to achieve them... but I'd prefer someone who's just sweet and romantic and is intelligent over someone who earns loads of money in a job they only went into because their parents pushed them too lmao
    So if their goal is to achieve Gladiator in Wow every season or score above 1800 in chess ratings, this is great with you? Some guys have goals like spotting every single species of bird in the country... It can literally be anything as long as passion is involved , right?

ReputationRep:
    When I was a kid I wanted to be snake from MGS. Like that was my dream :' )
    MGS 3 is still my favourite game ever! Nothing better than crawling around the grass and trying to avoid tripping the alarms, being chased by old snipers hiding in the bushes (that guy was a son of a *****) plus the whole game was just AMAZING so you obviously have brilliant choice in characters

ReputationRep:
    So if their goal is to achieve Gladiator in Wow every season or score above 1800 in chess ratings, this is great with you? Some guys have goals like spotting every single species of bird in the country... It can literally be anything as long as passion is involved , right?
    Sure. As long as they let me share my passions. If it makes them happy and I love them why shouldn't I support whatever they strive to achieve?

ReputationRep:
    MGS 3 is still my favourite game ever! Nothing better than crawling around the grass and trying to avoid tripping the alarms, being chased by old snipers hiding in the bushes (that guy was a son of a *****) plus the whole game was just AMAZING so you obviously have brilliant choice in characters
    MGS3 is also my favourite game ever.

Dat rad song tho.

Haha I didn't find The End all that hard to defeat to be honest....though having said that I did complete the game way more times than is healthy it got too easy.

ReputationRep:
    If that's what makes them happy then yeah sure. I don't care what their hobby is or what their passion or ambition is in. But it's important they have one, because to not have passion or ambition in life is just depressing.
    So why do guys who are passionate about these things have trouble finding love, you think? It certainly isn't an issue for other passionate/ambitious men like navy pilots and heart surgeons since women are all over them?

ReputationRep:
    So why do guys who are passionate about these things have trouble finding love, you think? It certainly isn't an issue for other passionate/ambitious men like navy pilots and heart surgeons since women are all over them?
    Passion is just one small aspect of a human being, there are a multitude over other aspects that matter in relationships and different things matter to different people.

It is not that black and white at all.

And lol, don't stick yourself in that trap that only those men get women. It's complete nonsense. And some women, myself including would actively find those careers a turn off.

ReputationRep:
    As in the title, they like ambitious/driven guys. I'd say a passion they relate to would be better though. Same as for guys really.

ReputationRep:
    MGS3 is also my favourite game ever.

Dat rad song tho.

Haha I didn't find The End all that hard to defeat to be honest....though having said that I did complete the game way more times than is healthy it got too easy.
    I'm now on a never ending trail of youtube videos for memories :lol: I have my PS2 in the loft I don't think my disc works completely though I remember a few things like the bee guy? And getting caught by an alarm trigger was so frustrating lmao, But yeah definitely my favourite game on PS2 and of all time really.

ReputationRep:
    Passion is just one small aspect of a human being, there are a multitude over other aspects that matter in relationships and different things matter to different people.

It is not that black and white at all.

And lol, don't stick yourself in that trap that only those men get women. It's complete nonsense. And some women, myself including would actively find those careers a turn off.
    I'm not saying only those guys get women, I'm saying women seem to prioritize certain ''passions'' and ''ambitions''. If you have a guy(same looks and personality) introduce himself as a surgeon then as a cubicle worker with a great passion for chess to 100 women do you think the ''vote'' would even be close? You're having a laff, mate..

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying only those guys get women, I'm saying women seem to prioritize certain ''passions'' and ''ambitions''. If you have a guy(same looks and personality) introduce himself as a surgeon then as a cubicle worker with a great passion for chess to 100 women do you think the ''vote'' would even be close? You're having a laff, mate..
    Yes...because that's ever going to happen? Two exact same people except for their jobs and passions? No, that is ridiculous people are individuals not their jobs.

Stop seeing things in such a ridiculous light and you might find yourself having better luck with women.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.