Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's a disgrace that anyone sleeps rough in the UK Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I'm not saying that it is homeless immigrants but if we let them in faster than we can build homes that means that there is not enough homes to go around and people will end up homeless it is common sense, if I have 5 cookies but there are 6 children someone will miss out.
    I have limited knowledge on the matter but people are not homeless because there's a lack of housing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    I have limited knowledge on the matter but people are not homeless because there's a lack of housing.
    If there were more houses, rent and prices would be lower (hence lower mortgages) and more people would be able to afford to live in homes.

However we have to admit that some people are homeless because of their own fault, I'd like to say however that i think a lot of the homeless around right now are because of events out of their control, however i also do believe that with proper financial planning, thoughtfulness and respect for education and more funding for mental illness and drug awareness schemes that the homeless problem would become far less prevalent.

ReputationRep:
    I would NOT wish sleeping rough on even my worst enemy, the last time I slept rough was as recently as three weeks ago, relying on 24 hour supermarket disabled toilets to sleep in, and trust me, it is NOT at all a pleasant thing to have to explain to the store security that you are a rough sleeper and why.

Luckily, he let me do so until I got back on track again with my life, but still, I hope I never have to experience it again. Ever.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.