Hi all,

I've applied to study the following this autumn:

Birmingham - MA Medieval Studies
    Edinburgh - MSc Medieval Literatures & Cultures
    Glasgow - MLitt Medieval History
    King’s College London - MA Medieval Studies
    University College London - MA Medieval & Renaissance Studies
    York - MA Medieval Studies

I've got an offer from Glasgow (yay!), and unfortunately got rejected by King's and UCL. The rest I'm waiting to hear back from, but I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were on the medieval academic 'scene' at Glasgow and how it compares to the others I've applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperstainedink)
    Hi all,

I've applied to study the following this autumn:

Birmingham - MA Medieval Studies
    Glasgow - MLitt Medieval History
    King’s College London - MA Medieval Studies
    University College London - MA Medieval & Renaissance Studies
    York - MA Medieval Studies

I've got an offer from Glasgow (yay!), and unfortunately got rejected by King's and UCL. The rest I'm waiting to hear back from, but I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were on the medieval academic 'scene' at Glasgow and how it compares to the others I've applied to?
    Hi and congratulations on your offer! I have also applied to pretty much the same courses:

Birkbeck - MA Medieval History offer
    Birmingham - MA Medieval Studies (Medieval Literature pathway) offer
    Birmingham - MA Medieval Studies (Medieval History pathway)
    Exeter - MA Medieval Studies
    King's College London - MA Medieval History offer
    York - MA Medieval Studies rejected
    York - MA Medieval History offer

I am currently torn between Birmingham and KCL as they both have great programmes. Edinburgh's course structure and optional modules also look very attractive as I'm very keen on working with manuscripts. Although I've been to Edinburgh, London and York, I haven't visited any of the universities and being an international student I probably won't be able to do so before making a final decision.

I'm afraid I can't answer your question on Glasgow since I know nothing about the city or the programme. Which medieval topics are you interested in if you don't mind me asking? And for Birmingham, which pathway did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mortdecai)
    Hi and congratulations on your offer! I have also applied to pretty much the same courses:

Birkbeck - MA Medieval History offer
    Birmingham - MA Medieval Studies (Medieval Literature pathway) offer
    Birmingham - MA Medieval Studies (Medieval History pathway)
    Exeter - MA Medieval Studies
    King's College London - MA Medieval History offer
    York - MA Medieval Studies rejected
    York - MA Medieval History offer

I am currently torn between Birmingham and KCL as they both have great programmes. Edinburgh's course structure and optional modules also look very attractive as I'm very keen on working with manuscripts. Although I've been to Edinburgh, London and York, I haven't visited any of the universities and being an international student I probably won't be able to do so before making a final decision.

I'm afraid I can't answer your question on Glasgow since I know nothing about the city or the programme. Which medieval topics are you interested in if you don't mind me asking? And for Birmingham, which pathway did you apply to?
    Hello!

I applied for the Literature pathway for Birmingham - it looks fantastic. Manuscripts are a big thing for me. I've not visited any of the universities either, simply because I can't afford it and I'm a home student, so don't worry!

I'm interested in working with medieval languages and the ideas of medieval women and gender in medieval Europe, particularly northern Europe. What about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.