Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Ishea16)
    do you actually agree with it though?
    Most probably varies person to person. I don't think love is a emotion but rather a mixture of emotions that does grow with time.
    And certainly the person you do fall in love with is to an extent a matter of chance, you aren't born with a soul mate.

ReputationRep:
    When I dream about someone a lot, or my first thoughts are about them like if I am on the bus and randomly begin to think of them, or if I wouldn't mind giving something up for them. When they make you sad.

When you step down, avoiding any long look at them at her as one avoids long looks at the sun, but seeing her as one sees the sun, without looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    When I dream about someone a lot, or my first thoughts are about them like if I am on the bus and randomly begin to think of them, or if I wouldn't mind giving something up for them. When they make you sad.

When you step down, avoiding any long look at them at her as one avoids long looks at the sun, but seeing her as one sees the sun, without looking.
    aawww thats really cutee

how many people have you felt like that with if any?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Most probably varies person to person. I don't think love is a emotion but rather a mixture of emotions that does grow with time.
    And certainly the person you do fall in love with is to an extent a matter of chance, you aren't born with a soul mate.
    i agree with the mix of emotion part
    chance or fate?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    aawww thats really cutee

how many people have you felt like that with if any?
    It's a quote from a book the second part haha but I'd say 2, I might be odd in the sense that I let my dreams dictate my "crushes". Like when I dreamt of one person, before that I never thought about them in that way much but then as I awoke, the more I thought about it, the more I thought about them and so on.

I'm not sure if this reliance on dreams is normal, I actually dreamt of the first person being almost 'usurped' by my second crush in a dream. Quite bizarre.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    It's a quote from a book the second part haha but I'd say 2, I might be odd in the sense that I let my dreams dictate my "crushes". Like when I dreamt of one person, before that I never thought about them in that way much but then as I awoke, the more I thought about it, the more I thought about them and so on.

I'm not sure if this reliance on dreams is normal, I actually dreamt of the first person being almost 'usurped' by my second crush in a dream. Quite bizarre.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow thats like a gift
    i think its normal.. kind of lol , so your body is aware of you being attracted to someone before your conscious? thats pretty cool tbh

you should know the answer to it tbh, is it reliable?

ReputationRep:
    wow thats like a gift
    i think its normal.. kind of lol , so your body is aware of you being attracted to someone before your conscious? thats pretty cool tbh

you should know the answer to it tbh, is it reliable?
    I'd say it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy that if I dream that I like them, I'll go on to do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3774649
    This guy seemed to have good reasoning for why people 'love'

What does love mean to me? Right now it's just loving my family, looking after myself and some good friendships

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3774649
    This guy seemed to have good reasoning for why people 'love'

What does love mean to me? Right now it's just loving my family, looking after myself and some good friendships
    reasonings? more like opinions after a bad experience lol

ahh yh its funny how many times we forget to mention our family even though we probs love them the most

ReputationRep:
    Saying "I love you" Is pointless for me, actions>words. :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    In theory I think love is two people that feel as though they complete each other.

In practice I think love is pain waiting to happen.

wow every right word used
    Thanks and maybe one day he'll be that for me and fill the void of loneliness and sadness without being a crutch but a stability and wholeness I would love to feel and contentment that we are together. I know love comes in all different ways but mine would be my best friend and my lover!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is it just survival instincts?
    lust?
    a spiritual connection?
    a way to avoid loneliness?
    anything else?
    or does it not even exist in any of these forms?
    There are so many different types of love - sometimes love can be purely sexual although I think this is greater than what we call 'lust'.

A lot of people seem to think love is just really really liking people, but I don't think it's as wishy washy as that. If love is something you just fall into and out of based entirely on emotions and this endless search for 'the one' then I'm not interested. I think it's much more intentional and behavioural than that. If you truly love someone then it's more about compromise, sacrifice and selflessness than perfection. Yeah, that has to start with attraction and emotions, but I think true love rises above that. When you love someone, you don't complain when their pain inconveniences you, you fight for their happiness as much as you would for your own.

Think about the way that you love yourself - it has more to do with practically looking out for yourself, being happy when good things happen to you, upset when they don't than emotions. True love is when you love someone else the same way as you love yourself.

Nor they cannot sate their lust
    By merely gazing on the bodies, nor
    They cannot with their palms and fingers rub
    Aught from each tender limb, the while they stray
    Uncertain over all the body. Then,
    At last, with members intertwined, when they
    Enjoy the flower of their age, when now
    Their bodies have sweet presage of keen joys,
    And Venus is about to sow the fields
    Of woman, greedily their frames they lock,
    And mingle the slaver of their mouths, and breathe
    Into each other, pressing teeth on mouths-
    Yet to no purpose, since they're powerless
    To rub off aught, or penetrate and pass
    With body entire into body- for oft
    They seem to strive and struggle thus to do;
    So eagerly they cling in Venus' bonds,
    Whilst melt away their members, overcome
    By violence of delight. But when at last
    Lust, gathered in the thews, hath spent itself,
    There come a brief pause in the raging heat-
    But then a madness just the same returns
    And that old fury visits them again,
    When once again they seek and crave to reach
    They know not what, all powerless to find
    The artifice to subjugate the bane.
    Lucretius

ReputationRep:
    A cognitive precept of human attachment to help us and our offspring survive. Dopamine and oxytocin!

Romantic!

ReputationRep:
    When you can fart and not get kicked out the room

ReputationRep:
    I think love is the feeling when you get when you see the person you most care about happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    A cognitive precept of human attachment to help us and our offspring survive. Dopamine and oxytocin!

Romantic!
    very romantic:rolleyes:

love is ******** you just have fun like a pimp

ReputationRep:
    pizza is love

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.