Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I lost my phone so used my mums phone to call it. But my mums messages to my dad was open as soon as I unlocked the phone, turns out he has liver disease which explains his visits to hospital. Is this the same as liver cancer?

ReputationRep:
    No it's not don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy®)
    No it's not don't worry
    Well, whilst technically speaking liver disease could include cancer as a broad term, it would cover a huuuuuuuuge range of pathology so you would need more information than that.

Any particular type of liver problem OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    I lost my phone so used my mums phone to call it. But my mums messages to my dad was open as soon as I unlocked the phone, turns out he has liver disease which explains his visits to hospital. Is this the same as liver cancer?
    Oh, it's so sad that you had to find out like that the only way to find out how serious it is/details about it is to have a chat with your parents

Easily fixed.

Seriously, there are a whole lot of conditions that this could apply to, most of which are not cancer.
    It's not a trivial thing, but neither it does it have to be acute and lethal.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Talk to your parents if it worries you that much. just find out more about whats ailing him as you are concerned. they will let you know hopefully. It could be one of several things, so dont think the worst. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    They are not the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Well, whilst technically speaking liver disease could include cancer as a broad term, it would cover a huuuuuuuuge range of pathology so you would need more information than that.

Any particular type of liver problem OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree but common sense says that if it were cancer they would refer to it as so, it's an assumption yes but a logical one

ReputationRep:
    OP, so sorry. Don't let your imagination run wild though. Have a chat with your parents.

And no, they aren't the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    No they are different mate sorry to hear about this...try searching the internet for help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.