Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi ,
    I have been looking into studying medicine at university, I have found there are a few which offer foundation courses and accept access courses however due to illness my GCSEs aren't great. i have some interviews for access courses and looked into voulenteering also.
    would it be worth studying some GCSEs at college as I have read on some that they do not accept re sits.
    Any advice in regards to acceptable qualifications would be appreciated including access courses and a levels.
    I will be 21 in the summer which is classed as a mature student at some of the
    My current Qualifications are:
    GCSE English -C
    GCSE Maths - C (I took this in year 10 some university's state they don't accept early entry?)
    Gcse science & applied - C & D
    GCSE Dance - C
    NVQ Level 2&3 beauty therapy
    City and guilds level 3 travel and tourism.
    Thank you

    A levels in Biology and/or Chemistry are a good start
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.