Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Just graduated from uni, and for the last 6 years, I'm a "switch", for those of you who know what that means. And I have relationships within that remit, and I love it. When I go to munches, I just feel so at home. Like nobody would judge me.

    But, I live at home with my parents. My parents are quite old fashioned, and (to my horror, after I "found" myself,) my mum became a psychosexual therapist who specialises in "Curing" people who "Suffer" from "Sexual Deviance". This includes anything from using a vibrator upwards - she thinks that sex, and anything sexual, should be natural. And if someone thinks otherwise, then they have a mental defect that requires medical treatment.

    I'm not quite sure how to go about this, since I'm also tied in as business partners with her, and that's my primary income. Yet to move out isn't an option since I can't afford to live nearby on my own, since I have a fairly big family that all live within 10 miles of each other, very social and visiting each other all the time. The "all-of-a-sudden-appear-on-your-doorstep-with-an-apple-crumble" type of family.

    I don't want to change who I am, but I also don't want to come off as crazy to my parents.
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    What professional organisation would accredit someone with those views??

    Fortunately, parents and children usually do their best to avoid finding out anything about the others' sex lives. Just make sure the front door is locked in a way that they can't get in.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.