The Student Room Group

Why do I feel like my girlfriend isn't loyal?

So the main thing I'm mostly bothered about in a relationship is honesty, trust and loyalty. For some reason I just always seem to think that my girlfriend won't be loyal. I feel like the first chance she will get to cheat she actually will and I shouldn't think like that. I don't know if it's because I'm insecure or because I've been cheated on in the past.

She's never done anything wrong to me and I know she hasn't cheated in the 5 months we've been going out. I do at times trust her more than anything than other times I have second thoughts. I hate being like this with her and it's not fair. How do I know if she will be loyal?
Reply 1
You don't know, and that's what trust is for. It's honestly probably a combination of both your past experience and your insecurities. I've been 'you' in this situation with a new relationship after being cheated on and it sucks, all you can do is try and not let it effect your relationship or the way you treat your girlfriend. If you start getting obsessive and need constant reassuring it can drive her away so be careful. Give it some more time and your trust may build and become more stable.
Is she aware of how you feel?
Reply 3
You will end up pushing her away if you do not sort out your insecurities.
Do not act possessive, clingy, needy.
Reply 4
Trust is about time and instinct. But also from what I've seen the best attitude to hold on to your woman is to be totally self assured and non possessive.
Insecurity from you. What you need to develop in life is a balance between trust and caution.

If you go round being suspicious and fearful all the time, then that damages you and it gets noticed.It makes you miserable.

If you trust too easily, then you cna get burned a lot.

Imo you should trust until proven otherwise. Everyone deserves one or two chances. Thats a sign of strength of strength and openness. If you find the trust is broken thats on them and no failure on your part. Trusting people is a sign of strength and doesnt mean you have to be a fool.

You need to trust your gf. its a sign of respect as well rather than the mistrust which is a sign of your weakness. be positive.
these hoes aint loyal
Reply 7
Original post by Zarek
Trust is about time and instinct. But also from what I've seen the best attitude to hold on to your woman is to be totally self assured and non possessive.

Pushing someone away is nonsense in the grand scheme of things, even if you are totally self assured and non possessive the fact she would cheat if you found yourself on a hard time is enough for me to dump her on the spot. Some girls will just do it, they don't need to be pushed away, being pushed away comes from the fact they want to do in the first place and then use their partners neediness to justify it as though it was the right thing to do. It's a typical parasite relationship from a nasty person preying on an insecure one.
This is an insecurity you're going to need to sort out. um... I only posted with the intention of making a hoes ain't loyal joke tbh but alas

Original post by nut12231455
these hoes aint loyal

you beat me to it :frown:
If she cheats on you dump her, but no need to assume that she is cheating on you until that happens/becomes blatantly obvious.
Reply 10
Cus these hoes ain't loyal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending