Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I was wondering if someone who has been accepted into drama school could help me. I've only auditioned for RADA so far and although they liked me I knew I hadn't done my best so wasn't surprised about not getting further. So my question is, what did you do in the audition and why do you think you got a place when so many didn't? Please and thank-you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmandaActor)
    Hi, so I was wondering if someone who has been accepted into drama school could help me. I've only auditioned for RADA so far and although they liked me I knew I hadn't done my best so wasn't surprised about not getting further. So my question is, what did you do in the audition and why do you think you got a place when so many didn't? Please and thank-you
    Hi there, I haven't applied to Rada so I can't say much about it. My understanding has been that not many 18 yr olds get in (thats me) so I applied to East 15, BSA and Central. I had my initial audition for BSA 2 weeks ago and have a recall next month. They gave feedback immediately on my speeches and this really helped me prepare for East 15, which I have tomorrow (and feeling nervous). My audition for Central is next week.
    If anyone is out there and can tell me what happens in the afternoon at East I'd really appreciate it- I know the 3rd speech is a possibility but do you sing a song to piano too?
    Many thanks.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.