Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing the AQA chem AEA on 30th?

I havn't had any exam practise from college and have no idea what to do to pick up the marks, any advice? The mark scheme, if you can call it that, seems to open and subjective so it's hard to know what qualifies as a mark...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I never saw how it was marked, but from experience.. Just write as much as you possibly can, everything you know and can think of. I didn't get any practice either, although you can get the past papers on the internet I think. Really just... verbal diarrhoea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Hmm, I never saw how it was marked, but from experience.. Just write as much as you possibly can, everything you know and can think of. I didn't get any practice either, although you can get the past papers on the internet I think. Really just... verbal diarrhoea!
    I'm sitting the exam on Wednesday. Haven't done much in the way of preparation for it though because I've got the Biology AEA on Monday which is also evil. MadNatSci is right though, from my experience with the Biology papers it is best to right down everything you can think of, AQA have a set mark scheme and you have to include the points that they want (even though others might be right).
    The past papers are available on the AQA website. They have the specimen paper with mark scheme, Jun2002 paper and mark scheme and Jun2003 exam paper and mark scheme. Here's the link!

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/aea/chem_assess.html

Very best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it too. I have seen the 2002 and 2003 papers and a lot of it looks insane but I will give it a shot. I have nothing to lose. Same with Physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonance)
    I'm doing it too. I have seen the 2002 and 2003 papers and a lot of it looks insane but I will give it a shot. I have nothing to lose. Same with Physics.
    cool i'm taking physics and chemistry AEA too. i thought the 2003 paper was quite hard, i did it as a mock and 3 hours isnt enough!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it!!

I'm actually quite excited. It's one of the 6 exams I am doing "for fun" (ie not required in my offers) this summer.

I'm willing to talk chemistry to anyone who wants to.

selkie

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.