Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it and give a few honest tries to get along frankly with your groupmates. If they still insist on not being productive, then ask your instructor. Once you finish your studies and get into jobs, you'll find that a lot of bosses and workmates will also be less than perfectly accommodating. You'll need to start early in learning how to get along with all sorts of people.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Already mwentioned, but if the people in your group are the problem, then just ask to join another group so you cna participate. make the teacher aware if they arent doing the work and making it difficult to do yours. If that doesnt work then everything else i said previously about asking the teacher or his superior.

Dont worry its just a problem waiting to be sorted by you.

ReputationRep:
    Is English your second language? If it is there should be an EAL (English as an Additional Language) Service available through your council's education department. They will have resources to help you. My advice is to try and immerse yourself in English, go to the library and read newspaper articles (in The Guardian/ The Times), notice how the sentences are constructed, always have your nose in a book, listen to the radio (Radio 4), talk as much in English as you can. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    bunch of west heads you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemonpopsicle2)
    Is English your second language? If it is there should be an EAL (English as an Additional Language) Service available through your council's education department. They will have resources to help you. My advice is to try and immerse yourself in English, go to the library and read newspaper articles (in The Guardian/ The Times), notice how the sentences are constructed, always have your nose in a book, listen to the radio (Radio 4), talk as much in English as you can. Good luck
    Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habina786xx)
    What should i talk to the head about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If your teacher is not helpful and dosent listen to you go to your head of English and say how you are struggling and you feel it is down to the group you are working with and you would like to change and you spoke to your teacher but nothing happened (if you can't change) and they should help.
    They would want all students to get the best grades possible as it makes their department look good so you should get that sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habina786xx)
    I went to my Art teacher first and she was so positive and lovely saying she loves my work and she will photocopy it for her next year 10 class...

I then went to my English teacher... My english teacher is really rude in class, he always does group work and we have to work with other people in class and i really hate it because people talk about rubbish. For example, i have a girl and a guy on ny table who talk about drugs and girls... And when sir comes over they suddenly start talking about the work and i just sit their quietly writing my ideas out..
    As soon as i took my dad to him, i went to thim second. He started off to negative he didnt say anything positive. Im currently on a solid D, and he said i can get on a border like of a C at the end of year 11 and i only started GCSE English!
    He also said im lazy, i lack effort and im slacking... I got a bit angry i never talk but i said "SIR last year i was in set 5 and i use to get the highest in the class, our teacher explained everything we never did group work or anything and since year 10 im getting low grades now". And he says well thats awesome but thats the nation curriculum grade not GCSE. And my dad just said thanks and went... He also started asking my dad how many books i read and how im doing in English?? Like how does my dad know?????!!!

I feel like such a big faliure and disappointment , i can't concentrate in other lessons any more because ill just get a C for english at the end of year 11 according to him!
    I cant aleep its 6:36AM !
    I dont know what to do!
    My science teacher at school embarassed me at Parents Evening when she was singing the praises of a fellow pupil in my class. She said 'He is an excellent student unlike the one behind him'. I ended up achieving the best grades in the year overall at GCSE including the sciences and ended up with the science prize at the awards evening. Use your frustration to motivate you and be as proactive as possible in getting the grades you want to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    If your teacher is not helpful and dosent listen to you go to your head of English and say how you are struggling and you feel it is down to the group you are working with and you would like to change and you spoke to your teacher but nothing happened (if you can't change) and they should help.
    They would want all students to get the best grades possible as it makes their department look good so you should get that sorted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.