The Student Room Group

Unsuccessful Application to Nursing... What to do next?

I chose to do an Adult Nursing course after my A-levels and have been offered interviews in all the unis I have applied for. Unfortunately, I ended up unsuccessful in each one. I will apply for clearing but there's still a chance that end up unsuccessful so a back up plan would be great but I have no idea what this could be. Any ideas on what I could do for my gap year?

My decision on taking nursing as a career is not 100%, but I don't really know any other careers I could get into so this is the only path I'm taking for now.
Original post by xM1IQUEx
I chose to do an Adult Nursing course after my A-levels and have been offered interviews in all the unis I have applied for. Unfortunately, I ended up unsuccessful in each one. I will apply for clearing but there's still a chance that end up unsuccessful so a back up plan would be great but I have no idea what this could be. Any ideas on what I could do for my gap year?

My decision on taking nursing as a career is not 100%, but I don't really know any other careers I could get into so this is the only path I'm taking for now.

I believe you've just answered yourself why you were unsuccessful. Nursing is not a career you can go into if you're not 100% as you say.
It's hard, stressful and tiring but very rewarding. But it needs to be something you're sure about and passionate about.
Get some experience during your gap year to see if it is a career you want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I have to agree, and not just because it's nursing. Doing a degree is really hard work and costs an awful lot these days, you really should make sure you do something you're truly passionate and it will come across in your interview.

So thinking about a back up plan, is there anything you love? Do you have a secret dream to do something (no matter how far out of reach it might seem right now)? You don't even need to think about a career as such at this stage, but something you're seriously interested in? I'm a mature student and had no idea what I wanted to do when I was 18 so I studied music!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending