Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a disabled student in my second year at University. I have recently moved in with my partner but as I am under 25 my student finance is calculated on my parents income
    I know for HB and CTB my student loan is taken over 43 weeks with the discounts applied. When this is added to my partners income we have 13p housing benefit due weekly so wont bother claiming for such a small amount
    My question is during the summer our joint income will fall by the weekly calculated student loan amount as student loan is only calculated over term time weeks so would we be able to submit a HB CTB claim to cover the period until I return to University
    I know that students cannot usually claim during this period but as I have a disability as prescribed under the guidance would I be entitled to submit a successful claim
    Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Kay159

I would advise you to speak directly to the DWP for advice on claiming housing benefit.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.