Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am a disabled student in my second year at University. I have recently moved in with my partner but as I am under 25 my student finance is calculated on my parents income
    I know for HB and CTB my student loan is taken over 43 weeks with the discounts applied. When this is added to my partners income we have 13p housing benefit due weekly so wont bother claiming for such a small amount
    My question is during the summer our joint income will fall by the weekly calculated student loan amount as student loan is only calculated over term time weeks so would we be able to submit a HB CTB claim to cover the period until I return to University
    I know that students cannot usually claim during this period but as I have a disability as prescribed under the guidance would I be entitled to submit a successful claim
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Kay159

    I would advise you to speak directly to the DWP for advice on claiming housing benefit.



students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.