Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mphysical)
    Simple. The strong nuclear force

Which by the more than obvious is not a positive, so therefore it must be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlbertXY)
    Ok let us discuss atomic particles and Quarks. The present model suggest the Proton is made up of three Quarks and the Proton is a positive ,

OK so let us have three Quarks

Q1+q

Q2+q

Q3+q

How do you suggest that +q ''sticks'' together to form a Proton? when evidence shows that +q will repel +q
    I wasn't going to bother originally but this is getting ridiculous.

Are you aware of the strong force? This has its own charges as well, called colours. The different colours attract each other and the same colours repel each other. It's similar to the electromagnetic force in that respect. The strong force is about 140 times stronger than the electromagnetic force, which is why the nucleus of an atom exists.
    The main interaction is gluon exchange. This is what clumps quarks together in the protons and neutrons. The quarks possess a colour depending on which colour of the previous quark they've interacted with and the three different 'coloured' quarks attract each other. They're constantly swapping gluons and maintaining this attraction.

The bit that holds the nucleus together is an interaction called pion exchange. This continually changes neutrons into protons and protons into neutrons. There's too many interactions for to explain them all here.

Here's an animation of the residual strong force:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stro...im_smaller.gif
    Don't worry I didn't just Wikipedia the strong force, I only borrowed their picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)

Are you aware of the strong force? This has its own charges as well, called colours. The different colours attract each other and the same colours repel each other. It's similar to the electromagnetic force in that respect. The strong force is about 140 times stronger than the electromagnetic force, which is why the nucleus of an atom exists.
    The main interaction is gluon exchange. This is what clumps quarks together in the protons and neutrons. The quarks possess a colour depending on which colour of the previous quark they've interacted with and the three different 'coloured' quarks attract each other. They're constantly swapping gluons and maintaining this attraction.

The bit that holds the nucleus together is an interaction called pion exchange. This continually changes neutrons into protons and protons into neutrons. There's too many interactions for to explain them all here.

Don't worry I didn't just Wikipedia the strong force, I only borrowed their picture.

No offence, regardless what present information you post it doe's not answer my queries.

If positive repels positive then obviously positives can not ''stick'' together so therefore

Name:  qq1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  31.1 KB

I will lead you, what happens to metal when you add +q?

Then what happens when +q disperses and the metal becomes more -q?

There you go proof, gases also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)

Here's the voice of a man who knows what he's talking about :yep: I learned something useful here, thanks

ReputationRep:
    No offence, regardless what present information you post it doe's not answer my queries.

If positive repels positive then obviously positives can not ''stick'' together so therefore

Name:  qq1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  31.1 KB
    As he said, that doesn't matter. The attractive force from the strong nuclear force far exceeds the repulsive electrostatic force.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    As he said, that doesn't matter. The attractive force from the strong nuclear force far exceeds the repulsive electrostatic force.

and put the minus value where it says strong nuclear force and you have my answer that fits your diagram. Logic and rational thought suggest I am correct on the basis that + and + repel each other. Experiment, metal expansion and gas expansions of charged +ions shows I am correct.

ReputationRep:
    and put the minus value where it says strong nuclear force and you have my answer that fits your diagram. Logic and rational thought suggest I am correct on the basis that + and + repel each other. Experiment, metal expansion and gas expansions of charged +ions shows I am correct.
    The + and + only applies to the electrostatic force.

As Peroxidation said, it's the 'colour' of the quark that defines whether they attract or repel - my diagram shows a green and a blue quark (I think it's RGB?) and as the colours are different, they attract.

ReputationRep:
    The + and + only applies to the electrostatic force.

As Peroxidation said, it's the 'colour' of the quark that defines whether they attract or repel - my diagram shows a green and a blue quark (I think it's RGB?) and as the colours are different, they attract.

By ''colour'' you mean charge surely because something that is highly charged glows ''orange''.

You fail to answer the queries also by only producing present information and not underlining logic.

There is no logic in that a quark or proton is a positive, the proton is a negative that emits a positive electron shell. When energy is added the electron shell expands repelling other electron shells to cause expansion. Your experiments show me this so my query stands without an answer thus far.

Consider metal, it expands when +q is added, when it becomes <+q it becomes >-q and contracts, so does gas.

ReputationRep:
    By ''colour'' you mean charge surely because something that is highly charged glows ''orange''.
    No. 'Colour' is a property (not a physical colour) that has no correlation with charge (afaik)

There is no logic in that a quark or proton is a positive, the proton is a negative that emits a positive electron shell. When energy is added the electron shell expands repelling other electron shells to cause expansion. Your experiments show me this so my query stands without an answer thus far.
    No... what are you saying? Everything you say is either disproved or nonsensical and I don't understand how you fail to see that

ReputationRep:
    No. 'Colour' is a property (not a physical colour) that has no correlation with charge (afaik)

No... what are you saying? Everything you say is either disproved or nonsensical and I don't understand how you fail to see that
    You are using ambiguity, your failure to teach is your poor wording , colour means colour it can't mean colour and mean something else,

Only dark and light exist, atoms are dark and light, you clearly have no idea of what you are talking about and mentioning colour.

ReputationRep:
    You are using ambiguity, your failure to teach is your poor wording
    pot kettle black much :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You are using ambiguity, your failure to teach is your poor wording , colour means colour it can't mean colour and mean something else,

Only dark and light exist, atoms are dark and light, you clearly have no idea of what you are talking about and mentioning colour.
    HE is ambiguous?! Try listening to yourself. You contradict yourself constantly. Your argument is poorly formed with little to no evidence whatsoever.
    For the colour = only colour and nothing else statement, stop being ridiculous. A word can have more than one meaning, charge means electrical charge AND for one to be charged (with a sentence or a cost). I stopped replying to you because your arguments are on a complete tangent to your question.
    Please formulate a real argument then return, but for now stop trying to disprove a proven occurrence with haphazard arguments and theories with no rigor. Please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Spartan)
    HE is ambiguous?! Try listening to yourself. You contradict yourself constantly. Your argument is poorly formed with little to no evidence whatsoever.
    For the colour = only colour and nothing else statement, stop being ridiculous. A word can have more than one meaning, charge means electrical charge AND for one to be charged (with a sentence or a cost). I stopped replying to you because your arguments are on a complete tangent to your question.
    Please formulate a real argument then return, but for now stop trying to disprove a proven occurrence with haphazard arguments and theories with no rigor. Please.

Firstly I am not a scientist or a William Shakespeare, so I do no t have to present perfection. Secondly I am a student of self study and I am not trying to disprove anything, I simply want answers to my questions which again people fail to provide.

Quoting present information and theory is not an answer , STOP trying to force a discipline and learn how to teach.

I will start again and keep it simple, forget everything thus far.

What length is it from the Earth to , next to the furthest away visual point?

That means the blackness background of space.

I measure = n

I have zoomed in on the area for you, can you please confirm your measurement ?

Name:  l=n.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  2.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    I simply want answers to my questions which again people fail to provide.
    if you do want answers to your questions then you really need to formulate better questions. This question is meaningless nonsense
    What length is it from the Earth to , next to the furthest away visual point. That means the blackness background of space.

ReputationRep:
    Just dipping back in to add that you have had answers (a thousand times over) to any questions you asked that were not nonsensical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implication)
    Just dipping back in to add that you have had answers (a thousand times over) to any questions you asked that were not nonsensical.
    No, you avoid the question and quote back present information.

ReputationRep:
    if you do want answers to your questions then you really need to formulate better questions. This question is meaningless nonsense
    The question is in English.

ReputationRep:
    The question is in English.
    How about translating it to science or maths?

ReputationRep:
    How about translating it to science or maths?
    Huh? I even drew a picture of the question, what is the length of space between the observer and nothing ?

ReputationRep:
    what is the length of space between the observer and nothing ?
    Undefined

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.