Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone still believe that depression is not a real illness and those that have? Watch

ReputationRep:
    it are attention seeking?

Because I would love to punch you on the face.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No, I do believe that depression is a real illness. I do however believe that feeling depressed and suffering from depression are two totally different things but a lot of the time, people just lump the two together. We all feel depressed occasionally but not all of us will ever suffer from depression.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    What is it with all your threads recently?

Please go to your GP asap. It sounds like you're really struggling and making thread after thread on a student website which will probably start some arguments is not going to help you.

EDIT: To answer the question, I am mentally ill myself so no. Depression is real.

ReputationRep:
    il ask my dad whose been diagnosed with severe depression what his views on it are!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well if an illness= a disease or period of sickness affecting the body or mind.

I guess it is. I have been prescribed medication to help my mood but it doesn't seem to work anyway... I think the issue is that people swing the term around too often and they forget what depression really is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)

Please go to your GP asap. It sounds like you're really struggling and making thread after thread on a student website which will probably start some arguments is not going to help you.

EDIT: To answer the question, I am mentally ill myself so no. Depression is real.
    I am just sick of it thats all. Sleep was my only escape from it now I cant even sleep. So I am tires, angry, annoyed and just want to ****ing die. I don't care if you think I am a freak for feeling like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    you dont need to bring us all down with you though do you
    How am I bring yours all down? Sorry if I am. This is why I dont want to tell anyone about it that I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illness)
    How am I bring yours all down? Sorry if I am. This is why I dont want to tell anyone about it that I know.
    because its so depressing, theres enough depressing **** in the world, let alone seeing it daily on here
    fair enough if u need help, then fine ask for advice but not depressing **** every day
    try just being happy for a while

ReputationRep:
    because its so depressing, theres enough depressing **** in the world, let alone seeing it daily on here
    fair enough if u need help, then fine ask for advice but not depressing **** every day
    Are you ****ing serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    Are you ****ing serious?
    yes and before u start, i have had depression
    even if u dont feel happy, try
    everything in life requires you to try to some degree.
    thinking of positive stuff in your life

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I am just overwhelmed. I cant take my mind anymore. I can on here to let of steam. No matter what I do I feel like I cant get better.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I am just overwhelmed. I cant take my mind anymore. I can on here to let of steam. No matter what I do I feel like I cant get better.
    go to ur drs
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Airmed)

Damn, can't rep this. Bloody TSR :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    go to ur drs
    Have to wait until Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Have to wait until Monday.
    oh yea its friday
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There are chemical changes in the brain which cause depression. Unless you don't believe in chemistry, I can't see how you think that way.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    oh yea its friday
    A 7 day nhs would be good.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Just a quick note to say I've moved this thread over to a more appropriate section. Please see your GP ASAP. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    A 7 day nhs would be good.
    we have walk in centres here, there open from 8am till 8 pm every day of the year and longer during the winter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    There are chemical changes in the brain which cause depression. Unless you don't believe in chemistry, I can't see how you think that way.
    I hate my brain.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.