Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, =)

Looking for a little bit of advice really, I recently turned 25 and started having a quarter life crisis!

I went to university and graduated with a degree in Psychology in 2012. I live in the North East and struggled to find a job in a bad economic situation when I left and so I have ended up working in retail for the past 4 years. I also do some freelance work online so I practically work Full time. Last year I earned around 16,000, but this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life.

When I was younger I was always interested in childcare and at one point did think about doing childcare at college. In the past 6 months I broke my ankle, lost my job, broke up from my boyfriend and moved back to my home town. Ankle if fine now haha, but I am struggling to find a job in my home town. Literally applying for everything and not hearing anything back.

I have been dreaming about going back to college in September to do a
    'CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Child Care and Education course' and starting a career as a nursery nurse and maybe developing my career in this area.

By the time I finish this course I will be 28 and I am scared to go back to college at such a late age! I don't know if I would be better to just keep trying to find work.

I was just looking for some advice really, or opinions (however honest they are) haha.

Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    I say go for it. What's the worst that could happen?
    You could still look for work whilst studying, and if you get offered a job you're interested in, take it.
    You're clearly unhappy with work and wanna make a change, why wait? You'll only end up regretting it

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.