Turn on thread page Beta

How do I maintain my dignity next time I have to face someone who hurt me? watch

Announcements

Basically my guy friend (although we are not that close any more) did something that really hurt me all the while knowing that I had feelings for him. At the time I got really upset, I had a few to drink and I'm concerned that I may have acted a bit emotional.

I've seen him before but he blanked and avoided me. And now I'm going to have to face him next weekend in a group situation.

I don't know what to say or how to act. Half of me wants to act with dignity and act like nothing's wrong and that I'm not bitter. The other half of me wants to tell him how hurtful and inconsiderate he's been and to get angry/even. I feel like if I even talk to him I may burst into tears.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Act like nothing happened. In fact, pretend he doesn't even exist.

ReputationRep:
    If he has hurt you and doesn't know it, tell him how you feel, not in a confrontational way but just so he doesn't fo it again, if you're both aware of what happened, keep your distance he's really not worth your time

ReputationRep:
    Just be very calm, don't look down if you make eye contact look away mid height, talk clearly and freely when you want to, and otherwise outright ignore them. If you speak to them don't even look at them just talk and move your head slightly in their direction.

ReputationRep:
    Letting him know how **** he made you feel just exposes your vulnerability further - it gives him the upper hand. It creates another opportunity for him to hurt you. So don't do that. Just ignore him. Be polite if he says hi, or tries to initiate conversation, but don't prolong the conversation and keep it short.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.