Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can get into target universities like Warwick for subjects like computer science with a level 3 Btec extended diploma (alongside maths a level). I just wanted to know would banks look down upon me for doing a btec when it comes to spring weeks and applying for internships? Also is there anyone who has got into IB with a btec?
    I'm a perfectly able student, I just think this route prepares me for uni better.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Axlerod)
    I can get into target universities like Warwick for subjects like computer science with a level 3 Btec extended diploma (alongside maths a level). I just wanted to know would banks look down upon me for doing a btec when it comes to spring weeks and applying for internships? Also is there anyone who has got into IB with a btec?
    I'm a perfectly able student, I just think this route prepares me for uni better.
    My friend managed to get SWs at Barclays and Nomura with a BTEC. I don't think they care that much as long as you meet the UCAS point requirements (300-360).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    My friend managed to get SWs at Barclays and Nomura with a BTEC. I don't think they care that much as long as you meet the UCAS point requirements (300-360).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Daaaaamn prince back at it again with the helpful advice. Do you know which subject he did?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Daaaaamn prince back at it again with the helpful advice. Do you know which subject he did?
    T'was a girl. She did a Business Studies BTEC and got DDD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    T'was a girl. She did a Business Studies BTEC and got DDD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh did she just study that btec on its own or with other subjects? Also which uni did she go to?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ahhh did she just study that btec on its own or with other subjects? Also which uni did she go to?
    Can't really say as it would give her away.

ReputationRep:
    Can't really say as it would give her away.
    Ah ok np

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.