The Student Room Group

slinky velvet dress + top underneath: yay or nay?

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 14.35.01.png
Attachment not found
the top will look super weird underneath that dress so nay
Nay, it doesn't look right (IMO).
Reply 3
Original post by jawsontheflooor
the top will look super weird underneath that dress so nay

I got inspired by Valentino :biggrin: eh, never mindScreen Shot 2016-03-18 at 14.43.27.png
I quite like that look.
Ney, it just lüks rëlee wëd tuh bee onist.
Reply 6
I feel like it could work but I would have to see it together, it's kind of hard to visualise !
Reply 7
Why on earth would wear a top under a dress?
Reply 8
Original post by Spyro93
I feel like it could work but I would have to see it together, it's kind of hard to visualise !

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 14.58.24.png
Attachment not found

obviously, the colours are different, and the one above is longer....
Original post by foihi
I got inspired by Valentino :biggrin: eh, never mindScreen Shot 2016-03-18 at 14.43.27.png

I get what you mean but I think the top you posted will be too thick under it, sheer would look better also the dress should be loose not tight
Reply 10
I get what you mean but I think the top you posted will be too thick under it, sheer would look better also the dress should be loose not tight

I agree with you on the bodycon dress thing - I was thinking of getting it a size up (I'm between sizes anyway) so that it's not too tight... or will that look weird? or should it be a completely different cut of dress, flowy out and not straight down pencil skirt kind of? even if it's not tight.
Reply 11

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 15.10.21.png

this is what it'd probably look like size up (and down to the knee). I wanted a contrasting kind of top, so dusty pink or mustard to go with the grey, and maybe a long-ish necklace, and smart booties or heels (not grungy like here)
I would have to say no as I think that it would look a bit odd

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending