Turn on thread page Beta

Realistic university options with BTEC qualification? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)
    I honestly think having a C in AS Maths will look positive on your application, it re-enforces your D*D*D* in Business would look excellent

that sounds good, it depends on what you're considering as more than likely, i think any on that list that require DDM-DDD or even D*DD would be safe for you, LSE and Durham would be optimistic and maybe UCL if you were to apply for a different course to ITMB would be optimistic, Bath i think would be semi-optimistic
    .hb

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think having a C in AS Maths will look positive on your application, it re-enforces your D*D*D* in Business would look excellent

that sounds good, it depends on what you're considering as more than likely, i think any on that list that require DDM-DDD or even D*DD would be safe for you, LSE and Durham would be optimistic and maybe UCL if you were to apply for a different course to ITMB would be optimistic, Bath i think would be semi-optimistic
    Bath and Durham need D*DD, however i'd regard them as optimistic as they're prestigious, particularly for business and finance.

Loughborough could be a semi-optimistic choice as they need DDD and are still are good uni

My more than likely options are places like Hull, requirements vary from DMM to DDM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mihail211)
    From what i've seen so far, and from contacting the admissions office Bath and Durham typical offers consist of D*DD. Bath is Fairly prestigious and especially for finance and accounting/business so i'd regard it as an optimistic option.

A more than likely option i thought was something like Hull, the requirements were DDM

Loughborough could be a semi-optimistic option as their requirements were DDD
    Hull are ranked 63rd in the UK, with your predictions you could aim a lot higher, even for a safe choice UEA, Sussex and Swansea also require DDM and they rank a lot higher

AsI said before with your predictions you would be likely to get offers from these sort of universities, I would say if you can find a safe option of DDM/DDD that you would be really happy going to then have that as your one safe one, then have one highly optimistic one like LSE and then the other 3 as what you would be on track to almost certainely achieve DDD-D*DD so for example Bath, Durham, UCL or one of the other ones on the list?

The reason that I say this is that you will realise when you come to apply if you have a decent enough personal statement and predicted the required grades, there is no real reason why they would reject you, if you are still worried about the C grades you have and the extra time taken to do these then you can email the admissions and straight up ask if it will negatively impact your application, personally i would see it as a positive especially as one of those subjects is Maths, btw are the CC grades for A2 or AS?

ReputationRep:
    Hull are ranked 63rd in the UK, with your predictions you could aim a lot higher, even for a safe choice UEA, Sussex and Swansea also require DDM and they rank a lot higher

AsI said before with your predictions you would be likely to get offers from these sort of universities, I would say if you can find a safe option of DDM/DDD that you would be really happy going to then have that as your one safe one, then have one highly optimistic one like LSE and then the other 3 as what you would be on track to almost certainely achieve DDD-D*DD so for example Bath, Durham, UCL or one of the other ones on the list?

The reason that I say this is that you will realise when you come to apply if you have a decent enough personal statement and predicted the required grades, there is no real reason why they would reject you, if you are still worried about the C grades you have and the extra time taken to do these then you can email the admissions and straight up ask if it will negatively impact your application, personally i would see it as a positive especially as one of those subjects is Maths, btw are the CC grades for A2 or AS?
    AS

And yeah maybe hull isn't the best choice, maybe shifting loughborough and UEA as safer options would be good. Then optimistic but doable options for the other 3 options (ie Bath, Durham)

I think e-mailing them would be a good idea, ill talk to tutors in the mean time too, thanks for your help btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mihail211)
    AS

And yeah maybe hull isn't the best choice, maybe shifting loughborough and UEA as safer options would be good. Then optimistic but doable options for the other 3 options (ie Bath, Durham)

I think e-mailing them would be a good idea, ill talk to tutors in the mean time too, thanks for your help btw
    That sounds like a good plan

No worries, good luck

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.