Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The official UFC/MMA society Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    So it was just announced on stream that McGregor and Diaz will have a rematch at 170, thoughts?

I'm going to hope for a McGregor win by some exotic, rarely seen submission. A kani basami throw to the floor and then into a lock or choke to stun everyone would be crazy lol
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by SP0TIFY)
    So it was just announced on stream that McGregor and Diaz will have a rematch at 170, thoughts?

I'm going to hope for a McGregor win by some exotic, rarely seen submission. A kani basami throw to the floor and then into a lock or choke to stun everyone would be crazy lol
    Put a fiver on that mate - if it happens you'd be a millionaire!

I think the odds are stacked massively against Mc, However I don't think he'd take this fight unless he had something up his sleeve.

I always like to go with the underdog, so I'll say McGregor - hopefully in the exact way you describe!

ReputationRep:
    Damn, i've actually found someone educated enough in MMA to realise that McGregor vs Diaz 2 at UFC 200 is a bad fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalclash)
    Put a fiver on that mate - if it happens you'd be a millionaire!

I think the odds are stacked massively against Mc, However I don't think he'd take this fight unless he had something up his sleeve.

I always like to go with the underdog, so I'll say McGregor - hopefully in the exact way you describe!
    I guarantee the vegas odds will be in Mac's favour. Nate Diaz needs to be given more respect.

ReputationRep:
    You guys should go back and watch TUF 5 if you haven't before or even if you have. Jesus christ it's funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    You guys should go back and watch TUF 5 if you haven't before or even if you have. Jesus christ it's funny.
    is that the season that Nate Diaz and Joe Lauzon are from? Also if we're talking the uf then you all have to watch TUF 1 finale Forrest Griffin vs Stephen Bonner oh my god what a fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilUziVert)
    is that the season that Nate Diaz and Joe Lauzon are from? Also if we're talking the uf then you all have to watch TUF 1 finale Forrest Griffin vs Stephen Bonner oh my god what a fight.
    Yeah. I think season 5 was the most outrageous from a reality TV POV though. The most amazing thing so far has been Nate making a Lord of the Flies reference out of nowhere. He's basically a hood Forrest Gump, how the **** does he know about literature lmao

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I think season 5 was the most outrageous from a reality TV POV though. The most amazing thing so far has been Nate making a Lord of the Flies reference out of nowhere. He's basically a hood Forrest Gump, how the **** does he know about literature lmao
    I think my favourite season has to be I think TUF 10/11 Rampage Jackson vs Rashad Evans. that season was funny as hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilUziVert)
    I think my favourite season has to be I think TUF 10/11 Rampage Jackson vs Rashad Evans. that season was funny as hell
    Was that the one with Roy Nelson and Kimbo Slice? I think it was the last one I watched, I only thought it was OK. Rampage is not really that funny once he's told the three jokes he knows for the hundredth time IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Was that the one with Roy Nelson and Kimbo Slice? I think it was the last one I watched, I only thought it was OK. Rampage is not really that funny once he's told the three jokes he knows for the hundredth time IMO.
    yeah thats the one. Idk why but i think Rampage is funny as ****
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Yeah TUF5 was a classic. I struggle to remember it now, but I remember Karo Parisyan turning up and starting a beef with Nate for no reason. Something to do with his cousin Manny Gamburian.

From memory BJ Penn and Jens Pulver were coaches and Jens had previously lost to J Lau.

Thinking back that was a quality season of TUF. They don't make them like that anymore. The season with Warmachine was also good I seem to remember (not sure if that may have even been season 5?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalclash)
    Yeah TUF5 was a classic. I struggle to remember it now, but I remember Karo Parisyan turning up and starting a beef with Nate for no reason. Something to do with his cousin Manny Gamburian.

From memory BJ Penn and Jens Pulver were coaches and Jens had previously lost to J Lau.

Thinking back that was a quality season of TUF. They don't make them like that anymore. The season with Warmachine was also good I seem to remember (not sure if that may have even been season 5?).
    Nah War Machine was season 6, Mac Danzig vs the world. That was a pretty hilarious season too tbh. Someone did an upper decker in Team Hughes's toilet and a guy who looked like Mr T just kept yelling "WHO **** IN OUR TOILET DAWG" over and over while they all kicked down each others doors.

I'm nearly on the episode when Karo turns up I think lol. He had a fight with Nick that was either shortly before filming or maybe even during.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Nah War Machine was season 6, Mac Danzig vs the world. That was a pretty hilarious season too tbh. Someone did an upper decker in Team Hughes's toilet and a guy who looked like Mr T just kept yelling "WHO **** IN OUR TOILET DAWG" over and over while they all kicked down each others doors.

I'm nearly on the episode when Karo turns up I think lol. He had a fight with Nick that was either shortly before filming or maybe even during.
    Ha! Quality, both of those seasons were very enjoyable. TUF lost it's mojo shortly after those seasons IMO. I guess maybe though it was naughties style in your face TV that is seen to be out of date in today's age. I miss it though.

Bring back the old school TUF's and programs like Jackass. Quality TV right there

ReputationRep:
    This makes me feel good.

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ronda is done. She can't take a hit. She can't strike. She's finished.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by AIDS Skrillex)
    This makes me feel good.

Nunes destroyed Rousey. I would never take pleasure in a fighters demise though, Ronda has brought a lot to the sport and the female divisions wouldn't exist if not for her stardom.

The problem in this fight I think, was that she'd lost confidence to close the distance and impose her game plan. It's a shame to see a legend go down in this way. I would be surprised if we see her in the octagon again.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Rousey unlikely to fight again according to Dana White
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/a...linkname=sport
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Rousey unlikely to fight again according to Dana White
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/a...linkname=sport
    Yeah I saw this a while back, doesn't surprise me really. It almost felt as if she was forced into the fight with Nunes, it didn't look like she wanted to be there at all.

I also struggle to see McGregor fighting the the UFC again anytime soon/ever. He seems pretty pissed off with the UFC, so will be interesting to see what they do without their two biggest stars.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.