The Student Room Group

Working at Sainsburys

Basically I've been working as a Bakery assistant for nearly 7 weeks now and I absoultley hate it. I mean I start at 6am and finish at 1pm however I never leave on time, I usually leave at 2.30 which I don't even get paid for. I've tried leaving on time however they give me more things to do before 1 which takes forever to do. I'm the only person that works in the bakery and I feel like their so much pressure on me. I'm constantly being told that I'm not working hard enough. My store leads are bitches. They never help me with baking or delieveries (the deliverys are ridiciously heavy and theirs loads of them) I'm so small compared to the giants i work with. The store leads treat me with no respect at all, they're constantly talking about me, they come up to me and tell me I'm not working well even though i work so hard and never complain and when i try to speak to them they walk away. I work in a local and theirs about 5 store leads. All they do issit on a chair or walk around with their phones. But a minute I forget to take something out of the freezer they give me a dirty look and tell me to take it out. I've spoken to everyone who works there and they've all said the same thing, how much they hate the store leads because of their attitude, lack of advice on how to do things and pretty much that fact that their intimidating. I would speak to my manager but I feel as thou it wont help. Anywhoo, I want to use sainsburys inside move but read that your manager will recieve an application as well, should i tell him why i want to move ? and if so, how does inside move work ?
don't tell them why you want to move

be aware that other stores may well be no better

you should certainly be fighting over the extra hours, it is illegal to force you to work unpaid

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending