The Student Room Group

The Ghosts and Folklore Society!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I've had an out of body experience before where I was basically a ghost :lol:

Ooh interesting, what happened? :h:
Im starting to get into ghosts and spirits. Theres something extraordinary about it all thats making me interested in it.
I do believe in poltergeists. Some weird stuff happens at times.
I remeber at school doors would open and close by themselves on a summers day. There was no breeze anywhere. Spooked everyone out.
Also theres random times where it feels like theres other people in my house when its empty. I hear my name being called when its silent. Things also move around, theyre in different places to where they were last left (when i last leave them there).
Im inexperienced in this field so i cant comment much on my experiences.
I will be doing research so ill return later.
Lyndsey Gunnulfsen inspired me.
Thanks for posting this thread. Its very interesting to see other peoples experiences.
I just randomly work up at like 5 in the morning and was floating above my bed, I turned around and saw my own body, moved a couple of centimetres towards the window and then got "sucked" back into my body which jarred my body awake. I don't know whether it was real or a hallucination and I don't particularly care, it was still a strange and fun experience :biggrin:

Holy crap"!! That mustv been so cool

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just randomly woke up at like 5 in the morning and was floating above my bed, I turned around and saw my own body, moved a couple of centimetres towards the window and then got "sucked" back into my body which jarred my body awake. I don't know whether it was real or a hallucination and I don't particularly care, it was still a strange and fun experience :biggrin:

That must've been scary and awesome at the same time, I've never experienced anything like that :smile:
Original post by FireFreezer77
Im starting to get into ghosts and spirits. Theres something extraordinary about it all thats making me interested in it.
I do believe in poltergeists. Some weird stuff happens at times.
I remeber at school doors would open and close by themselves on a summers day. There was no breeze anywhere. Spooked everyone out.
Also theres random times where it feels like theres other people in my house when its empty. I hear my name being called when its silent. Things also move around, theyre in different places to where they were last left (when i last leave them there).
Im inexperienced in this field so i cant comment much on my experiences.
I will be doing research so ill return later.
Lyndsey Gunnulfsen inspired me.
Thanks for posting this thread. Its very interesting to see other peoples experiences.

I'm glad you're enjoying this thread so far, I've been planning it for ages :lol:
Reply 25
I've joined.
Original post by Thomb
I've joined.

Thank you! :h:
Reply 27
Original post by Leviathan1741
Thank you! :h:

I live in pembrokeshire wales and have some ghost stories.
Original post by Thomb
I live in pembrokeshire wales and have some ghost stories.

Nice! Feel free to share them if you like :smile:
I'm glad you're enjoying this thread so far, I've been planning it for ages :lol:

Youve put a lot of effort into it, its very well written.
I enjoyed reading it :smile:
Youve put a lot of effort into it, its very well written.
I enjoyed reading it :smile:

Thank you, that makes me very happy :biggrin:

Yh I hope a lot of prople join in on this thread. I like reading about these scary stories

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm well apart from my creepy little fiasco with the voodoo tribe thing...nothing.
But my father has experienced a fair few crazy things.
So my father grew up in Belfast and every sunday after church he would go to his granny's house with his pet dog (an Irish Setter) One sunday, his granny wasn't home from wherever she was, so he let himself in and sat in the living room and listened to the Broadcast. All of a sudden, he heard footsteps on the top floor landing. The dog's hair stood on end, and his ears pricked up. My father said they sounded like army boots. Then the footsteps got louder as though they were coming down to the second landing...And then they got louder yet again. So my dad ran out of the house and waited on the front step for his granny. When she got home, he told her about the sounds and she said "aye makes sense, it's Uncle Norman's death anniversary today"
Uncle Norman died in Italy during the second world war...
That's a chilling story which always scares me
@Leviathan1741
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by homeland.lsw
Hmmm well apart from my creepy little fiasco with the voodoo tribe thing...nothing.
But my father has experienced a fair few crazy things.
So my father grew up in Belfast and every sunday after church he would go to his granny's house with his pet dog (an Irish Setter) One sunday, his granny wasn't home from wherever she was, so he let himself in and sat in the living room and listened to the Broadcast. All of a sudden, he heard footsteps on the top floor landing. The dog's hair stood on end, and his ears pricked up. My father said they sounded like army boots. Then the footsteps got louder as though they were coming down to the second landing...And then they got louder yet again. So my dad ran out of the house and waited on the front step for his granny. When she got home, he told her about the sounds and she said "aye makes sense, it's Uncle Norman's death anniversary today"
Uncle Norman died in Italy during the second world war...
That's a chilling story which always scares me
@Leviathan1741

Interesting, perhaps he is an anniversary ghost then :smile:
Interesting, perhaps he is an anniversary ghost then :smile:

I dunno, but he died heroically...He saved his general from being blown up. My father's other uncle died in the Pacific (Korea I believe) killed by a landmine...
It's weird because I regularly have dreams about combat O.o Or wars...maybe they're trying to communicate to me?
Original post by homeland.lsw
I dunno, but he died heroically...He saved his general from being blown up. My father's other uncle died in the Pacific (Korea I believe) killed by a landmine...
It's weird because I regularly have dreams about combat O.o Or wars...maybe they're trying to communicate to me?

Maybe :smile:

No worries, its an interesting read. :smile:
I joined the group btw. :smile:
No worries, its an interesting read. :smile:
I joined the group btw. :smile:

Awesome! :five:
Characteristics of ghosts

Ghosts can be classified according to several different characteristics, relating to their appearance patterns, level of awareness and personality.

Appearance characteristics

- Cyclic ghosts these ghosts cause phenomena to occur at regular times, for example at the same time each day, on the same day each week, on the same day each month etc.
- Intermittent ghosts these ghosts don’t have any identifiable routine or pattern to the times at which they cause phenomena. For example, phenomena may occur three times in one day, and then not occur again for several months.
- Anniversary ghosts these ghosts cause phenomena only or mainly on days which were important or significant to them during their lives, for example on the day they were executed.
- Reactive ghosts these ghosts do not generally cause phenomena unless specific actions are taken by living people. For example, if building work is occurring, a ghost may cause phenomena until the building work has been completed. A real life example of a reactive ghost is the ghost which haunts Higher Farm in Somerset. The building is home to a skull belonging to the ghost which haunts it. If the skull is removed from the building, the ghost becomes active and phenomena will only cease once the skull has been returned.
- Circulative ghosts these ghosts haunt several locations, rather than the usual single location. A famous example of a circulative ghost is that of Anne Boleyn. She is known to haunt eight different locations, including the Tower of London, where she was executed in 1536.

Awareness characteristics

- Conscious ghosts conscious ghosts are those which appear to interact with living people, for example by responding to questions asked via Ouija boards or by knocking on hard surfaces, or even by ‘touching’ people, for example by tapping them on the shoulder.
- Oblivious ghosts oblivious ghosts are those which appear to be unaware of living people and the current environment. Oblivious ghosts will not generally interact with the living, and often ignore any attempts at communication.

Personality characteristics

- Benevolent/benign ghosts these ghosts do not generally bring any harm to those to witness them, and may actually try to ‘help’ the witness in some way.
- Malevolent ghosts these ghosts often try to affect people in negative ways, for example by strangling, scratching or pushing them. Witnesses generally don’t come to any real harm, but experiences can be extremely distressing at the time.
A father is laying in bed after just waking up, he grabs the baby monitor and walks to his desk in his office at home, he has his baby on the monitor and hears his wife singing to her, he cracks a smile as hears his wife, 'Go to sleep, go to sleep....' When suddenly the front door opens up with his wife walking in with the groceries

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending