Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever pull when going to a club? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just have this little question for you. Getting answers from people from different countries would be interesting.

I just came back from a night out in France (where my Uni is) and realised how crap I was at chatting up girls, especially French ones.

I've spent several years in North America and only just came back. Over there, especially in Canada, everything just seemed so more natural and less hypocritical. If a girl was interested, she would show it or even approach me.

Over here, if you chat up a girl in a club, she seems forced to make sure the conversation doesn't go further and to be unpleasant, just in case she might seem like a slut. You'll never see a girl approach a guy and very rarely does a girl show she's interested.

The funny part is that none of the girls I danced with or chatted with tonight attracted me. Must be an ego issue. Though the best part was when I chatted with a girl and her friend tonight and this ****** who was supposedly her boyfriend appeared and tried to make fun of me by saying how cute I was. I kind of made him understand that he didn't have to say I was cute because I could tell that was what he thought (meaning he was so obviously gay). He went bezerk. Poor guy.

I know the UK isn't this bad.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, Well let me have a think. Here its sort of like, OK I guy likes you he and maybe a mate will come over and start talking to you and visa versa. Everything is really open.

ReputationRep:
    In clubs I don't really go to "pull" as such. I'd rather meet someone through like friends or interests than a non-conversational meat market (I do love clubbing though lol). If I see a guy I like though, I will dance with him but I won't ask him to buy me a drink, not confident enough to do that.

I do have a tendency to go up to guys that are wearing posh clothes that I don't like and getting them to buy me a drink and run away. I also do that to guys I know. I'm so evil.

ReputationRep:
    I know a girl who when she wants to pull goes up to a guy and says "Oh no! I think someone's spiked my drink, hold me!"
    and this one time there was a guy at the bar with his arm in a cast. So she asks him why, he tells her, she says are you left handed or right handed, it's not the arm in the cast, so she turns around and says over her shoulder "Well, looking like you do, I wouldn't think it mattered anyway" cheeky wink.

Dirty ho! Lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I usually let the guys come to me or Ill meet them somewhere else. Im very picky you see.

But the whole notion of, to quote Dani who put it perfectly, "a non-conversational meat market" turns me off totally, which is why we go to the Jazz Club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Yeah, I usually let the guys come to me or Ill meet them somewhere else. Im very picky you see.

But the whole notion of, to quote Dani who put it perfectly, "a non-conversational meat market" turns me off totally, which is why we go to the Jazz Club.
    Actually having said that, I do get more luck in clubs. Unfortunatley they tend to dance behind me, happen to look like a male model, but I can't see and the look of panic on my face when they put their arms around me makes my friends shoo them away.

ReputationRep:
    Plus my mates always make us go in the new ie. Crap music room and I want to be downstairs getting my groove on to the Locomotion

ReputationRep:
    ah well! The Jazz Club is fantastic we love it!!

I met the guy im dating last month, he was working at a place I was shopping with another friend, we were buying our straight guy friends winter wardrobe... (well fitting him out ofcourse, he paid for it all) and thats how I met him. Quite strange really. I always seem to meet guys in strange circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a bit of a strange list like that, my last bf I met at a concert in London (but he came with us), a had a bf that stalked me because he thought I had pretty hair at school and another one accidently threw 2 litres of water over me on the school bus.....
    I never meet nice normal boys *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    Well in Australia and the UK, things seem so much more open.

Believe me, in France, most clubs are either clubs for posers or clubs for 16-year old ******s. They have to compensate the fact that their club is crap by pretending to be very selective at the door. I was only with one mate last night. We wanted to celebrate the end of the school year and we seemed to be the only people really up for it. We almost didn't get in as we weren't with any girls (that's a golden rule here in France). But I guess we looked really good, or we just looked rich so they let us in after all. We probably were the only guys who didn't get in with any girls.
    In most French clubs, girls feel obliged to be unpleasant so you rarely meet anyone interesting. I agree, non-conversational meetings in a club are a bit dodgy (but seemed to happen a lot in Canada) but just having a conversation without a girl thinking straight away that you want to get into her pants would be nice. I mean most of the girls who were unpleasant looked like ****.

ReputationRep:
    Some clubs are really easy to pull in and you dont even have to speak to the bird, which is pertty cool somethimes, but i prefer chatting up a girl in a pub or a bar and if i can get her phone number start sending her a few texts the next day and see if anything happens.

ReputationRep:
    here? erm isnt easily done, i mean between the 14-16 yr olds its easy they just pull each other or something
    but older it gets tricky. dont see it happen much. the girl and guy would get to kno each other first i guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    here? erm isnt easily done, i mean between the 14-16 yr olds its easy they just pull each other or something
    but older it gets tricky. dont see it happen much. the girl and guy would get to kno each other first i guess?
    I wasn't necessarily talking about litteraly pulling a girl. I would have been happy to chat with some girls. It's as if they're all in "unpleasant mode" and their automatic reaction is to be unpleasant.

At least the music was decent. Martin Solveig was DJing.

Talking about Cyprus, I have an old university buddy called Ioannis from Canada who used to DJ under the name DJ X The Greek (naf name, I know) in Cyprus:
    http://www.djxthegreek.com/
    EVer heard of him?

ReputationRep:
    I only get pulled by friends of friends they are still people i dont know, but not actually people i dont know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    they are still people i dont know, but not actually people i dont know.
    nicely said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    nicely said
    lol, well i dont know them but i know them in a way coz they're my friend's friends! grr

ReputationRep:
    lol, well i dont know them but i know them in a way coz they're my friend's friends! grr
    yeh i got it and im kinda the same i spose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    yeh i got it and im kinda the same i spose
    Pulling a friend or a friend's friend is kind of crap. I pulled my last girlfriend in a club after knowing her for a couple of weeks. It's so unspontaneous and unromantic. Meeting someone you don't know at all has a different appeal to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Pulling a friend or a friend's friend is kind of crap. I pulled my last girlfriend in a club after knowing her for a couple of weeks. It's so unspontaneous and unromantic. Meeting someone you don't know at all has a different appeal to it.
    yeah but we not all lucky enough to have all your sex appeal. a babe magnet like you can get anyone, i'm just a poor boy trying to get a lead way in life :rolleyes:

ps: whats the difference between that and pulling someone you dont know?

ReputationRep:
    yeah but we not all lucky enough to have all your sex appeal. a babe magnet like you can get anyone, i'm just a poor boy trying to get a lead way in life :rolleyes:

ps: whats the difference between that and pulling someone you dont know?
    Thanks for the compliments, you sarky.....
    It's all psychological I guess. I just like the whole spontaneity of it all. It doesn't feel like you're taking advantage of the situation. I'd rather seduce a friend or a friend of a friend elsewhere.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.