Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm gauging whether anyone would be interested in helping a research project for some monetary compensation, doing a relatively boring but extremely useful task. Basically i'm re-writing my masters project (a systematic review) with advice from some experts, which will later be published in an academic journal. The review involves running a fairly sensitive search of search engines for studies on a particular topic (Piagetian conservation). This will gather around 10,000-20,000 small article title and abstract lists, which need to be sorted in terms of relevance (this will be a very simple task in/out task which would involve very quick decisions as most of the article will not be relevant to the topic), and I'll try to do a lot of these too or divide it between other people to reduce the workload to something much shorter!

So basically, anyone with at minimal a level psychology would be suitable for the task, and a basic understanding of excel is required. I'd just teach the task via skype as its easier and for safety isses. If someone with more experience is available then possible later (more interesting tasks) would be available to do. If no one is interested ill just have to do it all myself, (but i'd do half of it anyway), or try and use a machine learning to do for me!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.