Help me choose my a-levels

Watch this thread
tiya_2000
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Im thinking about doing a degree in america for fashion photoraphy
what FOUR A-levels do you think i should be taking
AsandaLFC
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Triple science and arts

Posted from TSR Mobile
secretgoldfish_
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Two facilitating subjects of your choice, maybe including English Lit if you're good at it? And then Art or Textiles and definitely Photography, and make sure to do loads of extra-curricular stuff that demonstrates your interest in fashion/photography as well.
tiya_2000
Rep:
(Original post by secretgoldfish_)
Two facilitating subjects of your choice, maybe including English Lit if you're good at it? And then Art or Textiles and definitely Photography, and make sure to do loads of extra-curricular stuff that demonstrates your interest in fashion/photography as well.
I was thinking of taking English Lit, Photography and Geography. im not sure about the last one. why do you say textiles?
tiya_2000
Rep:
(Original post by AsandaLFC)
Triple science and arts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im doing triple science for gcse and currently failing. plus i hate science.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tiya_2000)
Not sure how many jobs there are in USA but if I was going to do that degree, I would do history too - history is littered with fashion/fashions and influences all collections to day - and it would give you an edge
username2269391
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Media
Art
Journalism
English
tiya_2000
Rep:
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Not sure how many jobs there are in USA but if I was going to do that degree, I would do history too - history is littered with fashion/fashions and influences all collections to day - and it would give you an edge
Thanks for answering. Im not very keen on History unfortunately
secretgoldfish_
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I was thinking of taking English Lit, Photography and Geography. im not sure about the last one. why do you say textiles?
Yep go for Geography if you enjoy it, it's respected and because textiles is fashion related and for your last option an Arts subject would be good.
tiya_2000
Rep:
(Original post by secretgoldfish_)
Yep go for Geography if you enjoy it, it's respected and because textiles is fashion related and for your last option an Arts subject would be good.
English Lit
Geography
Photography
Textiles

How does that sound?
AsandaLFC
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Im doing triple science for gcse and currently failing. plus i hate science.
Failing science = hating science, its happened to all of us. But dear god you're probably still 15-17, whatever career u want to follow if u have science you will be the first one to be given OFFERS! Trust me.

They're countless videos online that will make u change your view on science! And you should probably consult your mom about this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
secretgoldfish_
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
English Lit
Geography
Photography
Textiles

How does that sound?
Yep, that sounds good as long as you're good at textiles
secretgoldfish_
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AsandaLFC)
Failing science = hating science, its happened to all of us. But dear god you're probably still 15-17, whatever career u want to follow if u have science you will be the first one to be given OFFERS! Trust me.

They're countless videos online that will make u change your view on science! And you should probably consult your mom about this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
STEM subjects definitely have good career prospects but there's no point doing a Science at a-level if someone isn't doing well at it at GCSE and doesn't genuinely enjoy the subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
32.86%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (32)
45.71%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.43%

Watched Threads