Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So many different Scottish banknotes Watch

ReputationRep:
    Really ...? There are 4 different banknote designs in circulation in Scotland.

The royal bank of Scotland
    Bank of Scotland
    Clydesdale bank
    Bank of England

Why the f does Scotland need 4 different types of bank notes that look completely different to one another??

Make your mind up which bloody bank note design you want and stick to it ...

If you think it makes you more independent from England, just F off out of the UK and stop pegging your Monopoly money bank notes to the value of our Bank of England ones ....

It's just completely unnecessary and confuses everyone

ReputationRep:
    Mind your own business! That's legal tender!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Mind your own business! That's legal tender!!!
    In Scotland yes, but try spending them in England!!!

Sure, you can have your own money if it makes you feel independent and powerful

But

Why do you need 4 different types ... What's wrong with one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CreamyChocolate)

Sure, you can have your own money if it makes you feel independent and powerful

But

Why do you need 4 different types ... What's wrong with one?
    We think variety is cool, I like it and not being able to spend them in England is England's problem!

ReputationRep:
    We think variety is cool, I like it and not being able to spend them in England is England's problem!
    Where in Scotland are you from? ^.^

I like the variety, I work in a supermarket though and sometimes have to have a good look at some of the notes as I haven't seen them before! Recently a girl started working at my store and she'd only very recently moved from Lithuania and she was so confused with all the different types of notes, so yeah in some ways it isn't great.

And it is v v v trying to spend Scottish notes when I'm back home in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Where in Scotland are you from? ^.^

I like the variety, I work in a supermarket though and sometimes have to have a good look at some of the notes as I haven't seen them before! Recently a girl started working at my store and she'd only very recently moved from Lithuania and she was so confused with all the different types of notes, so yeah in some ways it isn't great.

And it is v v v trying to spend Scottish notes when I'm back home in London.
    I'm from Glasgow, I do get what you mean and maybe it could be changed but I don't understand why it's so difficult to spend them in England, if it's the act that they might be fake, you can just use one of those pens surely, idk. I like it anyway lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Glasgow, I do get what you mean and maybe it could be changed but I don't understand why it's so difficult to spend them in England, if it's the act that they might be fake, you can just use one of those pens surely, idk. I like it anyway lol
    I live in Glasgow too and yeah it's frustrating, I always explain that it's legal tender but most of the time they have to call their manager over anyway :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I live in Glasgow too and yeah it's frustrating, I always explain that it's legal tender but most of the time they have to call their manager over anyway :indiff:
    I'm sure you get where I'm coming from then lol, I think it's worth it to live in such an awesome city though

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you get where I'm coming from then lol, I think it's worth it to live in such an awesome city though
    Oh I agree, I love Glasgow :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Are they still using £1 notes?

I'm not taking the piss I've got family up there and remember being given some a couple of years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Are they still using £1 notes?

I'm not taking the piss I've got family up there and remember being given some a couple of years ago.
    You can still technically get them but no one really uses them, they're very rare
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    My dad once tried to pay with a £100 BoS note in Liverpool. The guys face was just lol. Afaik Bank of England notes only go up to 50 so he had certainly never seen that before haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CreamyChocolate)
    They do work in England, you just have to be forceful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.