Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello!

which finance roles have prospect to earn above 80k within 5 years from graduation?

Are there any apart from front office IB?

Can you give me specific examples please?

I know legal partners earn above 100k, business consulting partners also, IB also, but are there any other roles?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    anyone??? maybe accounting firm partners???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studos)
    anyone??? maybe accounting firm partners???
    I don't think you'd become partner within 5 years of graduation 😁

ReputationRep:
    None, finance is an over-satured market that sells dreams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axlerod)
    I don't think you'd become partner within 5 years of graduation 😁
    where did I say that? can you read at all?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    OP, stop chasing money mate.

Seriously, at the rate you're going all that's going to come of these posts is: 'people working in IB/Corp Law/Consulting/Accounting/Actuarial/Finance/Investment Management roles have the potential to earn a lot'. That is literally it. You don't seem to have a focus or interest in anything, other than collecting a very large repertoire of roles that pay a lot of money - no more, no less.

Even when people do give you advice, good advice at that, you snap at them and are rude. I'm not sure how specifically you are going to pass interviews with this attitude nor do I know how you'll survive in any top career long enough without knowing how to peruse Google or how to research independently.

If you REALLY want a chance at anything, I'd suggest you get off TSR and take a good long hard look at what you'd like in a career. Speak to alumni or people on linkedin about their paths and how they've managed to get to where they are. Then, once you've figured out what you want to pursue and why (the why is HIGHLY important, without a good why your application will be binned or you'll be rejected straight away after an initial interview), just apply for it and see how it goes.

You have the general outline, and some people have taken the time to help you out but the rest falls on YOU to execute it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.