Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No motivation to revise Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just keep your goal as your motivation nothing can stop you, if your feeling lazy try revise with your friends or groups., its usually easier and you can share questions etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    Thank you! I do want to go to uni but right now it looks like I will flop my A2 exams
    No you won't - if you work hard from now.

Pretend that everyday is the night before a final exam, and watch how far you go.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I do want to go to uni but right now it looks like I will flop my A2 exams
    NOOO,Think positive! You can do this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Do your best, now and before the exam is the only time you cna make a difference. plan treats for after but for now imagine youve failed and what that feels like. Nobody else cares whether you fail, but you have to deal with it for a long time, so decide whether you wnat options or not. All part of growing up.

Add variety, organise yourself, revise with a friend etc.

Make sure you try your best now so no regrets later.

ReputationRep:
    What A2s are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    I know I should be revising but I really have no motivation to do so.

I am probably just lazy.
    Hello!

I doubt very much that you're lazy. From what I've heard, A-levels are hard (but worthwhile)! I'm a GCSE student who is currently in the process of revising for my Year 10 mocks with next week being my final week! **Quietly cheers in the corner** I suspect A-levels are a commitment and that it's a lot of hard work and dedication so good on you for choosing to embark on them!

- Firstly, try and identify *why* you've lost motivation to revise. Is it the workload? Is it the lack of time? Is it the difficulty of the work? Don't immediately assume you're lazy just because you've lost motivation to revise; don't be so hard on yourself!

Lack of motivation comes down to a lot of factors, much like the reasons of why someone wants to succeed! They're different and individual to everyone. Once you've figured them out, it'll be *much* easier to move forward and find ways to motivate yourself to revise.

- Don't compare yourself to others in terms of workloads, revision etc.

Just focus on yourself and what it is you need to do in order to move forward and get tasks done efficiently. As aforementioned with regards to factors affecting motivation, everybody has different reasons and techniques individual to them!

- Devise a list of things you need to get done and do them in short, bitesized chunks.

If you choose to do them in long, arduous amounts, it's likely to demotivate you and your mind will simply wander and you'll look for any excuse to get out of it. Instead, do it in perhaps 20-30 minutes but on a *frequent* basis.

Lastly, good luck with your exams and I hope these tips help!
    FLM3026

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.