Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you be in a romantic relationship with someone who couldn't cook? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I personally couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook. (Using premade sauces don't count)

ReputationRep:
    i can't cook, so that would be a problem...

not a fatal problem, though, just something we'd have to work around. not exactly a big deal.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yes. I pretty much live off of snacks and takeaways anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Straw)
    i can't cook, so that would be a problem...

not a fatal problem, though, just something we'd have to work around. not exactly a big deal.
    Why don't you learn? It's not hard to cut an onion...

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't be a huge factor for me because I love cooking anyway, but I just don't get how people can't do it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd teach her. I wouldn't date anyone snobby who looked down on someone for not being able to though.

ReputationRep:
    You can learn to cook so yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    You can learn to cook so yep.
    I like teaching and I like cooking. If anything it would be fun, surely? Some people have no imagination

ReputationRep:
    Yh, just have takeaways every day

ReputationRep:
    I could teach them it'd be cute

no big deal

ReputationRep:
    It's not an important thing to me in the slightest that my partner in any way be some master chef.

I don't mind if they're a shite cook. But I'd be a bit annoyed if they were always saying that "can't cook" and don't even try/ expect to be waited on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I like teaching and I like cooking. If anything it would be fun, surely? Some people have no imagination
    Exactly! Most people can cook SOME things anyway, and like with most things practice makes perfect. Certainly wouldn't put me off someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    It's not an important thing to me in the slightest that my partner in any way be some master chef.

I don't mind if they're a shite cook. But I'd be a bit annoyed if they were always saying that "can't cook" and don't even try/ expect to be waited on.
    I try not to date anyone who ever said the words 'I can't' - You bloody well can, I don't care how ridiculous your proposal is, you can at least try.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we could learn together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I try not to date anyone who ever said the words 'I can't' - You bloody well can, I don't care how ridiculous your proposal is, you can at least try.
    Yeah, when we're talking about a basic life skill "I can't" is just a complete lie barring any disabilities that literally prevent them from doing it.

It's not that they can't, they won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    It wouldn't be a huge factor for me because I love cooking anyway, but I just don't get how people can't do it.
    I enjoy cooking too. I don't understand either. It's not hard to make basic dishes like scrambled egg.

The reason why I couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook is because I don't want to be responsible for feeding someone who is should be able to feed themselves. Cooking is a life skill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Exactly! Most people can cook SOME things anyway, and like with most things practice makes perfect. Certainly wouldn't put me off someone.
    you should see my coq au vin :smug:

ReputationRep:
    You mean just using an oven? **** me, it's easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MLPforever)
    I personally couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook. (Using premade sauces don't count)
    Well I can't cook. My partner doesn't mind. Wouldn't be a problem for me either lol.

ReputationRep:
    i know how to cook anyway so its all good, ad teach em though, it would be cute doing it together.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.