Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you be in a romantic relationship with someone who couldn't cook? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MLPforever)
    Why don't you learn? It's not hard to cut an onion...
    that would come under "work around"...

ReputationRep:
    I really don't mind... No cook or great cook or anyone in between!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    You mean just using an oven? **** me, it's easy.
    Nope. cutting onions and garlic, frying them, adding chicken (after cutting it), boiling noodles...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Its great if they can, but its also fun if they cnat becayse you cna then teacch them. Cooking together and learning is great fun imo. Its hardly a deal breaker.

1. You might like love them
    2. they could have a great soh.
    3. good companion.
    4. hot
    5. generally likeable and respect them.
    6 intelligent.

etc etc not cooking isnt a biggie in the scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't a problem for me as lately I've started meal prepping etc .*. we can meal prep together :heart:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    yes lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Its great if they can, but its also fun if they cnat becayse you cna then teacch them. Cooking together and learning is great fun imo. Its hardly a deal breaker.

1. You might like love them
    2. they could have a great soh.
    3. good companion.
    4. hot
    5. generally likeable and respect them.
    6 intelligent.

etc etc not cooking isnt a biggie in the scheme of things.
    Nope. I have certain requirements for someone to be interested in them, being able to cook/bake and enjoying it is one of them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah because I'm not the best at cooking either.

I'm currently seeing someone who's a fine dining chef, but I'm more of a frozen chicken nugget and chips girl haha. I love watching him cook though!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Nope. I have certain requirements for someone to be interested in them, being able to cook/bake and enjoying it is one of them.
    Well great for you, but tbh if that was the only drawback, then id have fun learning to cook or teaching them. its a lot easier than it is to learn to cook or develop enjoyment for it than develop a likeable personality or any of the other aspects.

If you have your pick if people then great for you, but there are more importnat aspects of a person than cooking.

ReputationRep:
    i have been and i prefered it, that way i knew what i was getting to eat for dinner was edible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    you should see my coq au vin :smug:

Rich and meaty I presume.

Any secret ingredients?

ReputationRep:
    No it would not be a problem as i can't really cook either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I like teaching and I like cooking. If anything it would be fun, surely? Some people have no imagination

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natural-Harv.../dp/1481227041

ReputationRep:
    I personally couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook. (Using premade sauces don't count)
    Why's that important ?

ReputationRep:
    They just have to be willing to learn. One day I'll invite him over and be like '' you gon' learn today" and Bob's your uncle. Most of the guys I've dated know how to cook...only one of them actually cooked for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Why's that important ?
    The reason why I couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook is because I don't want to be responsible for feeding someone who is should be able to feed themselves. Cooking is a life skill.

ReputationRep:
    Those comments are brilliant :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I happen to be an excellent cook

Of course it would be nice to be treated to a home cooked meal at times but it's hardly the end of the world if I can't have that because my own cooking will make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that it would bother me

ReputationRep:
    I haven't yet learnt how to cook, so, yeah, erm, I have no excuse to not date them for that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.