Would you be in a romantic relationship with someone who couldn't cook? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Rich and meaty I presume.

Any secret ingredients?
    just make sure there is enough coq for everyone :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MLPforever)
    I personally couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook. (Using premade sauces don't count)
    HELL TO THE NO.

I can tolerate someone that cant cook just for dating, but would never marry a woman that couldnt cook.

Men are very easy to please - all we really need is food, sex and no complaining, so a woman that cant cook is de facto saying she doesnt care about pleasing you. Cant have that, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    HELL TO THE NO.

I can tolerate someone that cant cook just for dating, but would never marry a woman that couldnt cook.

Men are very easy to please - all we really need is food, sex and no complaining, so a woman that cant cook is de facto saying she doesnt care about pleasing you. Cant have that, I'm afraid.

You can cook, right?

ReputationRep:
    The reason why I couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook is because I don't want to be responsible for feeding someone who is should be able to feed themselves. Cooking is a life skill.
    Nah it's not that serious you just put ingredients together and boom, food, even if it's already made sauce, food is food. I'm sure the dumbest person can feed themselves, put toast in the toaster spread some butter, food. It's a life skill the hell? There's more serious life skills then being able to put ingredients together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    just make sure there is enough coq for everyone :yep:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    HELL TO THE NO.

Food and sex I understand but who on Earth doesn't complain sometimes? Do you want to marry a bot? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    You can cook, right?
    Yes, I do all my cooking here.

https://static-secure.guim.co.uk/sys...London-008.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    Food and sex I understand but who on Earth doesn't complain sometimes? Do you want to marry a bot? :eek:
    No complaining whatsover would be a pipedream - women are biologically programmed to complain. To be specific, a guy wants to find a woman who does a tolerable degree of complaining.

(Original post by whorace)
    I like teaching and I like cooking. If anything it would be fun, surely? Some people have no imagination
    i'm ready to learn

Spoiler:
    Show
    teach me stuff

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as I like doing it. I'd cook and they can clean haha.

ReputationRep:
    No complaining whatsover would be a pipedream - women are biologically programmed to complain. To be specific, a guy wants to find a woman who does a tolerable degree of complaining.
    " find a woman who does a tolerable degree of complaining" LMAO THIS IS ME WHEN MAKING FRIENDS.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    swap for *tolerable, for almost none actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i'm ready to learn
    Spoiler:
    Show
    teach me stuff
    I know who you are

ReputationRep:
    Nope. cutting onions and garlic, frying them, adding chicken (after cutting it), boiling noodles...
    Yes, sure, there is a level of independence and competence when it comes to cooking. I think that if you look at today's generation of families, ordering take-aways and re-heating prepared foods have become a lot more universalized and popular. A lot of young people have grown up without the skills and experience that's necessary for being able to cook, simply because they've had nothing to go on. There are many reasons as to why, for example, the progression of fast-foods, as I've already mentioned, being one of them, but also if you look at the education system, parents, television, etc. These sources of information aren't being as diverse as you'd expect them to be, and I think that is a real problem for kids today. You're right, cooking is an important skill, which I am still personally learning every single day. If a partner feels it's necessary for the other partner to learn how to cook, then it's a team game.

ReputationRep:
    I am the undefeated non complaining champion, I should probably learn to talk about my problems though :lol:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Assuming they d be willing to learn yes otherwise no.

ReputationRep:
    I can cook every different kind of pasta, combined with every kind of sauce.

ReputationRep:
    I already am.

My boyfriend counts making cereal and toast as cooking until I told him it isn't actually cooking.
    He doesn't seem convinced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    I already am.

My boyfriend counts making cereal and toast as cooking until I told him it isn't actually cooking.
    He doesn't seem convinced.
    Excuse me? Insulting me and my food that I made you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    Excuse me? Insulting me and my food that I made you?
    Not your food, your culinary abilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    Not your food, your culinary abilities.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.