I don't have administrator permissions, but I am one! Watch

kamitersen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone have a way to get around this without having to manually assign permissions on every single file?

I'm on Windows 8, and I only have one account on my computer - my own, which is an administrator account.

Despite this, certain messages display sometimes such as "You need administrator permission to open/access/whatever this" whenever I save or want to open downloads, and right-clicking on files gives the option "Run as Administrator", even though that I know that administrators don't have this sort of thing.

I recently downloaded various network packet sniffers, yet even the programs say I need permission to allow the program to intercept my routers.

These are just a few examples.

But basically, I'm not considered an administrator on my very own Administrator account.

Thanks in advance! If someone can, I'd appreciate several different methods of fixing this. But anything'll do just fine!
Souljer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Turn off user account control within the control panel and restart your computer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
NX172
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If all else fails, enable root admin by opening cmd and running the following: net user administrator /active:yes
log out, log in as new admin, do what you need to do and disable it again using same command but with "no" at the end

or

add the following registry entry http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/

this adds an option in the right click context menu to rewrite ownership permissions to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (114)
17.48%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.58%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (113)
17.33%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (97)
14.88%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (196)
30.06%

Watched Threads